Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

on February 10, 2008
I had the recent experience of accidentally coming across the e-mail address of my first crush in high school who I always cared about, but I can't say I loved him because we only had a few dates when I was thirteen, there was never a real relationship between us. I wrote to him just to say a friendly hello, assuming he was happily married like he used to be before he left our home town thirty years ago. I was so surprised when he wrote back to me and said he has been divorced twice, and would love to come back to our home town to see me. I told him I was very busy (it was around the holidays) and I would contact him in a few weeks. He wrote back literally begging me to call him sooner than that so I did and we got together.

To make a long story short, we had fun talking about old times, and he said he couldn't wait to see me again, promised he would call the next week and come to visit, sent me e-mail saying to call him anytime, etc.
So guess what happens? I leave him a voice mail about getting together and he e-mails me that he doesn't have time for me right now because of business problems and he will try to call soon! So far the call hasn't come, but I'm not sitting around waiting for the phone to ring.

It became apparent to me that he has some financial problems, and in addition, he asked me two or three times when we were together if I had money because I was talking about a trip to Vegas! I'm sure if I told him I owned a five million dollar house in Beverly Hills, Ca. he wouldn't have been too busy to call me!

My point is it's easy for middle aged women like Donna Hanover, Suzanne Phleshette, etc. to snare an old flame because they are wealthy and not middle class like I am. Even though I am still very attractive (even my old crush told me I was very pretty), it doesn't matter in the real world, the bottom line is most middle aged men are looking for wealthy middle aged women or the young Barbie type for a trophy wife (his second wife fit this category and left him after eight months when he lost his job).

Beware before you look up an old flame, you might just get what you ask for, and all the problems that come with him.

As for me, he will always occupy a small place in my heart and I told him the last time we spoke that I always wish the best for him, but I'm going to leave high school ghosts buried from now on!
11 comment| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.