Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18SW_gno

on November 6, 2012
As a long time Xbox 360 owner I decided to sell my old system and move onto the PS3. My logic was that I was going to buy the Assasin's Creed game anyways and selling my Xbox and all the old games I don't play practically paid for this bundle.

The system: A far more attractive black box than my roommate's original PS3, it looks aestheically pleasing and sharp sitting on my TV cabinet. The PS3 is very quiet (especially compared to the leafblower fan in my original 360). It comes with a wireless Duelshock 3 controller and a controller charging cable. The cable is very short and likely impractical for gaming while charging. The good news is once charged these controllers have FANTASTIC battery life. I thought I would have a hard time adjusting to the PS3's smaller controller from the Xbox 360, not the case. The controller is very comfortable and in my opionion looks better than the Xbox ones. Sticking with the theme of short cables, the power cable from the PS3 to the wall was also pretty short and barely reached the outlet. Not a huge deal but could be improved by Sony. The system comes with standard definition cables only, another cost cutting method no doubt. Luckily I had an extra HDMI cable and you'll want to make sure you have one if you have an HD TV (please don't buy one for $50+ at a retail store, get them online or ask your cable guy if he has an extra in his truck next time). These new PS3 systems have a plastic cover on top that acts as a sliding cover for the disk tray. This fixes the problem of disks being unremovable if the system has a technical problem. The cover feels and looks kind of cheap, but from a distance it doesn't really take anything away from the sharp looks of this system. The system is packed with a 500gb hard drive, which is just massive for a console. My Xbox was the 20gb original so I feel like I have limitless space for games and demos. I do find it odd that games need to be installed, but it's a minor gripe.

The game: I've only watched my roommate's play the other Assasin's Creed games, so this is my first go playing one. I'm having a hard time putting it down. The story is more engaging than the others, combat improved, and the graphics are very sharp. This is a great game that will keep you busy for a long time. If you're buying the bundle you probably know plenty about this game already so I won't go into detail.

Extras: This bundle comes with a 30 day trial to Playstation Plus, a premium online service. You'll need a credit card to use the trial and be wary of it auto-renewing once it's up. PS+ lets you download full versions of certain games as time trials, get automatic updates(not sure why this feature is "premium"), and certain other exclusives. I don't see myself using it as ditching the Xbox live fees was one of my motivations for switching.

Overall: If you're an Assasin's Creed fan and needed an excuse to finally buy a PS3, this is it. The bundle is a great value for the money. While not perfect, I do like this system more than my Xbox and the game it comes with is one of the best this year.
1212 comments| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?