Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Schedule In-Home iPhone Screen Repair Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on April 5, 2003
I didn't know what to expect when I popped this CD into my stereo. As I've said before, I really liked their first album, but thought it was very overrated. Almost every song on that album was being played on the radio non-stop! And I wasn't too impressed when they decided to release a remix album. So, I was very cautious when I picked up Linkin Park's 'Meteora.' All of that worrying was for nothing, though. I think this album�s a masterpiece and is so much better than their first album.
You can really tell how much they've improved; in their music playing, song writing, and singing. The songs have more depth to them and are much more complex than half the songs on the first album. They successfully combine industrial, rap, and alternative all together to make up a great package of very entertaining music.
Every song is great. I could not find one song that I disliked. Of course, I have my favorites and ones I listen to more than others, but this is an album I can pop into my car stereo and drive without having to fumble around with the track buttons. My favorite songs are 'don't stay,' 'somewhere I belong,' 'breaking the habit,' 'lying from you,' 'easier to run,' 'numb,' session,' 'figure .09,' and 'from the inside.' But really, they're all very good songs.
My only complaint, and it�s really a small one, is that the album is really short. Not even forty minutes, I don't think. While I think this is the only album's weak point, it's not a very big weakness. I'd rather have an album that is short and sweet than an album that just keeps dragging on and on. Still, I don't think a few more minutes would've hurt the CD any.
The limited edition version is neat because it comes with a bonus DVD that goes into the making of 'Meteora.' It was pretty interesting to see them at work and what went into this album. The CD also includes some neat extras that can be accessed from your computer.
'Meteora' does more than be a successful second album (I don't count the remix one as their second album), it goes above and beyond. You can tell that the band put a lot of hard work and effort into this, which is why it didn't come out right after the first one. If you like Linkin Park, chances are you will fall in love with this album. I was very, VERY surprised and impressed. Hopefully they can keep it up, and hopefully those evil radio stations don't overplay these songs like they did with the first one, although I fear that's a certainty. Great album, great band, great music.
11 people found this helpful