Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on August 1, 2012
I have a smaller wrist, so first bought the blue Ray. Great beater for dressing up for work, especially with its polished steel accent on the bracelet. But I wanted something a little more casual for weekends, so then went after this Mako XL. So far it keeps great time, but seems to have a somewhat shorter power reserve than the Ray. The bezel is much easier to set on the XL.

I also prefer the case size over the Ray for a laid-back look. Does not feel heavy, clunky, or clown-sized. Even though I have to remove three links for my wrist, the case size looks perfect.

The bracelet is a nice contrast with its unpolished ruggedness. I'm going to take it a step further with the 22mm grey-and-black Nato.

The lume is great. In retrospect, I might like the lume-faced Aviator better with the numbers on the dial, but I just have a thing for divers. Plus the silver trim on the dial applications looks great on this model. I would wear this watch more, but cannot find anywhere on the Internet that tells what kind of lume it is. The insert says it is "safe," but I wish someone would just come out and say what this lume is so I can stop worrying. (Ok I'm sure I just baited someone, but it really needs to be confirmed. Thanks in advance.)
2 people found this helpful