Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on August 12, 2012
I wanted to read this book for one main reason - to teach my children how to manage their finances. When I was a child, my parents never taught me; but there were a lot of things parents didn't teach their children that I am grateful we teach our children now!

I remember getting myself into trouble financially because I didn't want to tell my children I didn't have the money to buy something. Nowadays, I include them in the decision making. I teach them that we have a certain amount to spend on "us" over a two week period (my pay days) and when we choose to spend it all in the first week, we don't have anything left to spend in the second. It's truly amazing how they accept the idea and we move on to doing something that's free. We are learning to enjoy what we have together.

I love the way this book breaks down age appropriate teachings, but doesn't forget to mention that every family is different (and every plan can be personalized to fit your individual family!). I also like the step by step processes, lists, and question and answer sections.

I became a grandmother this past Friday evening (August 10th) and plan to pass this book on to my son and his wife. To be honest, they could teach me a thing or two about finances - they are extremely disciplined and have already mentioned their intention of teaching their daughter how to be financially responsible.

Available August 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.