Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Digital Albums Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on September 7, 2012
I ordered my G5 after having seen nice early reports from a few online testers. I bought it within the first few days of it's release. I had considered buying the E-M5, but I had a few reservations about the way the LCD articulated and the higher price. I have a preference for the LCD articulation mechanics used on the G5.

I was pleasantly surprised by the images I captured at a high school reunion the day I received the camera. I immediately noticed an improvement over my previous Olympus Pen models in dynamic range. The high ISO noise levels were simply impressive compared to the Pens. I learned quickly how to use the custom white balance setting and my out of camera jpeg files have consistently accurate color rendition. The images are nice and sharp and will likely print well at print sizes larger than 16"x20".

I believe this camera is an excellent option for those considering the E-M5 based not on a direct personal comparison but from what I seen published at many sites online.

I recommend the G5 highly.

Panasonic DMC-G5KBODY 16MP SLR Camera with 3-Inch LCD - Body Only (Black)

Dan
1313 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.