Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 19, 2011
I received this book from my parents when I was 10 or so. Like many kids, I was not big on talking to my parents about sex. Or rather, it was hard for me. It's hard to talk to your parents about something like that. I was a smart, curious kid who had nowhere to turn and I'm so thankful to my mom for buying this for me.

I'm 24 now, but this book still is with me in thought, which is why I'm here to review it. "It's Perfectly Normal" taught me to be okay with myself. How I looked, how I felt, who I was attracted to. It was frank on how sex worked and the importance of safe sex.

I know it's hard for some parents to look at this book and think about giving it to your kid when it talks about masturbation, birth control and types of sex other than vaginal. But you do not want your kid learning about oral and anal sex, or that the pull out method is birth control or anything like that from the internet or whispers in the locker room. This book teaches these things maturely and with respect. Kids are curious, best to have them learn from the right source.

I truly hope if any parents, teachers or guardians are looking for a sex education book for a child in their lives, that they pick up this book. It'll help the kids come to term with such a confusing time in their lives and answer questions they have but don't want to ask.

It's left me feeling perfectly normal.
283 helpful votes