Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

1,000 of 1,135 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Thereviewperson, September 17, 2012
This review is from: Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" (Previous Generation) Standing Leather Case, Onyx Black (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7", Previous Generation) - will not fit new Fire HD 7 (Accessory)
Length:: 2:11 Mins

I'd gladly give this case 5 stars if not the price. Should really be around $30. It fits the Fire HD like a glove, leaving all ports, microphone, etc. exposed for easy access. It's solid, well built, and as a nice bonus, when flipped fully open with the flap all the way flush to the back, but would be even better if it would attach to the back somehow and stay there. It has a magnetic latch when closed, so it does not open when you don't needed for it to be opened. The edges of the case and inside is plastic that is robber coated, so it gives a great feel. The stand position is very unstable but can be used for watching a movie.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 17, 2012 8:19:23 AM PDT
Howard DeVoe says:
My thanks to you and the earlier reviewers for giving such useful information about the Amazon cover for the Kindle Fire HD 7". It sounds like a real winner! I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of my own cover in saddle tan next week.

Howard

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 2:32:10 AM PDT
Volskil says:

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 9:41:27 AM PDT
larryl says:
Thanks for the video. I have the marware case and there are 3 things eating at me (1 of which your case has too) and I'm wondering if I should return it and get this one, but I had a few questions... First, on the marware case I have, the viewing angle is too close to 90 degrees to look at the screen comfortably (ie on a table). I can push the fire further away and its fine. I see in your video you stand up the Fire, but can you adjust the angles easily and it still stand up? Or if you open it wider will it just flop down? I also assume you cannot open it in portrait mode to stand up?

The lack of being able to charge the fire with the marware case closed is a huge disadvantage for my case, but this case seems to overcome that. And since there is no docking station for the Fire, charging while open and using as a stand at the same time seems to be impossible with this case, correct? With the marware, you can rotate the screen to portrait and at least charge it that way while using.

Finally, do you feel the magnet on the case holds it closed well enough? My work has ipads and when the ipad2 came out with the magnetic case, everyone stopped using it because it opened on its own in their purses, etc and the battery would run down. The marware case does the same, but it has the strap to ensure it stays closed. How do you feel about it?

If only Amazon had put the charging/hdmi on the side like the old fire. Thanks for any answers you can provide.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 11:42:25 AM PDT
David says:
as a result of this I am buying this case. I read that the other cases didn't allow for access to the pulls for HDMI or power, a big minus in my mind!

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 7:51:46 PM PDT
H. Furby says:
I have a silly question about this case...does it stand in a vertical position, for say...if I ever read? (gasp?) I know, I know...media and movie watching are paramount, but it's still a Kindle so I imagine some day I'll read again. Yes? No? And does the back flap stay open if you needed to access the keyboard? or is the magnet only holding it closed? just curious since this is all new...THANKS!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 11:53:22 PM PDT
Nha T. Vo says:
Yes you can set it in a "portrait" mode. I dont have the case but i've seen it in several reviews video such as this one.

you can skip it until 27:05 and see the lady set it in portrait mode. Good luck.

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 9:50:39 AM PDT
simplyjo says:
Thanks for the informative video. It does look like a great cover but the price tag is just outrageous. I ended up getting the Blurex Slim Folio Case for Amazon Kindle Fire HD. I'm very pleased with it.

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 1:16:13 PM PDT
Mimsy says:
Does anyone know if the "denim"-esque material on the inside of the case will keep the screen as clean as the softer interior fabrics of most marware cases and if they think it will scratch the screen?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 5:01:09 PM PDT
Catherine says:
Thank you for your input. I just decided based on what the other cover did not do.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 7:06:56 PM PST
It will stand in portrait position but it isn't very stable in my opinion. The front and back are connected by a flexible fabric that isn't stiff enough to keep it from flexing. While this is a good thing for folding the cover back when using the Kindle, it doesn't make for a good stable stand.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›