Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on November 16, 2012
Let me start off by saying that I love postapocalyptic... well everything. I like the genre, I like the feel, I like the symbolism with our modern world, and I like landscapes where the establishment no longer exists. I tend to pad ratings for that genre, and I feel I did so with the 1 stars I gave this. 0 star is probably a more realistic rating of how I feel for it. I really wanted to like this. Sadly, that was not possible.

The initial concept of a journal was interesting, and the description of the fall was passable, but things rapidly deteriorated from there. I felt as the book progressed it became worse and the characters became paper thin. The dialogue was forced, the actions nonsensical, and the plot repetitive.

The writing itself left much to be desired. Perhaps this is a complication of translation, but I don't believe so. When I finish a paragraph about something bad happening I don't need the sentence, "This sucks!" finishing it off. I know it sucks Loureiro, I don't need it spoon fed to me.

I would have to highly discourage someone from reading this book, truly one of the worst attempts in this genre that I have read. Take a look at The Stand by Stephen King, The Passage by Justing Cronin, The Road by Cormac McCarthy, The Old Man and the Wasteland, World War Z, The Walking Dead graphic novel, and my personal favorite WOOL by Hugh Howey. Really, read the WOOL series. Its cheaper and sssoooo much better.
1414 comments| 167 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?