Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

4.0 out of 5 stars An Honest Traceur's Review, July 7, 2011
Five Ten Warhawk Review
The Warhawk from Five Ten is an exceptionally well designed Parkour shoe. Five Ten really listened to the community on this one. This is my second shoe from this company, this first being the "Chase", and I've had some very good training days with this brand. Now onto the review!
Durability- Though I've only had this shoe for a day now (as of this writing) I can tell they are just as durable as every other Five Ten shoe I've seen. The uppers on shoes coming from this brand are known for their long lasting appeal. And as far as I can tell the very first thing to go on any Five Ten shoes is the rubber, and this isn't down playing the rubber at all, which usually takes about 6 months at the minimum before you start seeing holes in the bottom. But considering the fact that Five Ten sells "Stealth paint", a rubber compound that can be applied to your shoes to resole them, and the durability of the upper part of the shoe this Warhawk will last you well over a year of harsh training.
Durability Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Flex- Now I didn't expect these to be as flexible as my previous pair of Merrell minimalist shoes (Barefoot shoes), and of course they weren't. But they were nowhere near as stiff as the planks that I called my Chases, and allowed my feet a very comfortable range of motion needed to perform the various movement Parkour demands. The flex is mostly in the toe and ball of the feet area where it is needed most.
Flex Rating: 3 out of 5

Weight- When I got these I thought they were going to be bulky and heavy, but to my surprise they are light as a feather! I even thought the shoe box was empty when I first got them they were so light. They are only about 1 ounce heavier than my Merrell Barefoot shoes, not bad for being more than twice the volume!
Weight Rating: 5 out of 5

Comfort/Cushion - Now this is where I would like to say Five Ten combined their Freerunner with the Deacent to create this shoe. It has as much cushion in the heel as the freerunner, and (Though not as thin as the deacent) the toe area while still cushioned is still thin enough to feel the earth beneath you. Drops are a go in this shoe, and my feet feel confident to take anything from a precision to a cat in these shoes. Though Five Ten shoes start out a bit tight once you get them, they will loosen up over time and comfortably take the shape of your foot.
Comfort/Cushion Rating: 4 out of 5
Grip- I will simply say that with the new MI6 rubber these shoes employ the only thing you wont stick to is glossy paint (i.e. "Playground paint"), treated/shiny/slick metal, and any glazed surface. But they have improved their stickiness with metal, and by this I mean you can now sticky to rusted (even slightly), worn, and sun bleached metal as well as most alloys. The grip on wood is now unbelievable and is very welcome. As for rock, well its Five Ten so I don't have to say anything on that.
Grip Rating: 4 out of 5

Design- This is up to personal preference, but I think these shoes look pretty sweet on my feet. As for the functional design of the shoes I'd say Five ten got it right. They are stable, balanced, and breathable shoes.
Design Rating 5 out of 5

Cost- I got these shoes for $92.99 on naushoes.com, and they retail for $105.99. Many stores carry them for around $95 so everyone is around the same range. They may not be "Feiyue Cheap", but they will last WAY longer than any feiyue. They may be a bit pricey and if they went down to $50 they'd be perfect, but if they did then Five ten wouldn't put as much craftsmanship into them as they did.
Cost Rating 2.5 out of 5

I'd recommend these shoes to anyone who isn't constantly around new, shiny, and slick metal, and had a good chunk of change in their pocket.
Overall Rating: 4 out of 5
Now get out there and train!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]