Workplace Solutions Best Kids' Books of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Gifts for Him hggv216 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Headphones I have ever owned, August 26, 2010
This review is from: Bose IE2 audio headphones (Electronics)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These headphones are simply amazing. I have used Bose headphones before and they are always wonderful. Those were always the over the ear variety and honestly although they sounded great I did not like the feel nor did I find them practical. The price was always far more than I wanted to pay as well. That all changes here. Although the price is not in line with the bargain basement ear buds out there this set is so far above what you get that the price is more than worth the difference. The unique in ear ear bud stabilizer is a thing of genius and make in ear headphones a thing of comfort and improve consistency and quality of the audio experience.

Even though much more expensive than many other headphones I found the price to be one that I am OK to pay. These headphones have a remarkable range regardless of price. The bass is full and clear. The sound across the board is very unmuffled and distinct. I am very happy. This product is heads and tails above the standard buds that come with your iPod/iPhone and just about anything else on the market today.

Pros:
1. Fair Price
2. Great Sound
3. Great Range
4. Great Bass
5. Light / Comfortable / Stylish
6. Unique Design for in ear placement

Cons:
1. Cost make the set a bit expensive for all audio devices. I won't be buying for my kids ;)
2. I can't come up with two cons. This is an amazing product.

A great set of headphones that I couldn't be happier with. I hope they last me a very long time.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 7 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 22, 2010 6:14:42 AM PDT
cairot says:
what about the cable material? because i own the previous version of the in ear headphones and it has a really poor quality on the cable material so i really want to be sure that with the IE2 that problem is solved.

Thanks and regards,

Tito

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2010 7:18:23 PM PDT
It seems pretty good. It isn't thick but it isn't flimsy either. I run wither several times a week and they are holding up really well.

Posted on Nov 4, 2010 4:23:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2010 7:22:46 PM PDT
This Girl says:
I just bought a pair of these and I agree with your review on every point.

I wanted an improvement on the original ear buds that came with my new iPod Touch, which were uncomfortable and fell out too easily. These Bose buds definitely are an improvement in that respect. They sound better too, although not really enough, by itself, to make them worth the price. What DOES make them worth the price is the comfort, stability, choice of ear bud sizes, and the included case. Unlike another reviewer, I found the case very useful. It not only holds the ear buds, but also is a perfect fit for the 4th Gen iPod Touch. Very handy for travel.

Tito, the cable material on these is very similar to the cable on the stock iPod ear buds, if you are familiar with those.

Posted on Nov 4, 2010 5:35:42 PM PDT
How much do the headphones block out outside sound? I can't seem to see any stats/comments about that. If I were to buy a pair, I'd mainly be concerned with how well they could block out loud noises.

Wonderful review otherwise!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2010 2:37:17 PM PST
"This Girl" you are right. The comfort and fit make these special even more than the sound,

Z. N. abyaneh these are not the headphones for blocking sound. Using them running I find this a good thing so I can be aware of my surroundings. They don't go as far in the ear canal as other ear buds so minimal noise reduction.

Posted on Nov 9, 2010 1:01:14 PM PST
kamaya says:
Hey, Peter. I have loved the quality of my ipod headphones that came with my iPod, but I don't like that I have to keep shoving deeper into my ear to get the full sound. I have tried rock candy, and quality didn't TOUCH the ipod headphones. Can these Bose fit comfortably and securely in your ear, and the quality is BETTER than the iPod earbuds? Most people don't listen as sensitively as I do, so don't notice that. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2010 6:45:45 PM PST
Kamay, Yes, Yes, Yes! These are much, much more comfortable. The Ipod earbuds are not nearly as nice feeling. The sound on the Bose is better and the range much wider. The added benefit is that the way these fit in the ear they are always the same placement so you don't get the annoying disparity between your ears that slight differences in placement that normal earbuds can cause.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2010 11:16:30 PM PST
kamaya says:
Peter:

Thanks so much for your input. I appreciate it!

Posted on Nov 18, 2010 1:25:42 PM PST
Rahul says:
Do they have an inbuilt microphone to talk on The iphone?

Thanks for the review.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2010 4:08:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2010 4:25:29 PM PST
Sorry Rahul. These are earbuds only albeit very nice ones. No microphone. If you wan a microphone you should look at the MIE2 model. I haven't tried it but it looks like same basic model with a mic.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›