Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Echo Dot Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on January 8, 2013
This is an amazing value pack! I bought this for Crusader Kings II alone, and at $20 with a few DLCs (but not the expansion DLCs) it is a good deal already. The list shows 13 items, but essentially they are 6 games : (1) Crusader Kings II, (2) Magicka, (3) Majesty 2, (4) Majesty Gold, (5) Victoria II, (6) Warlock: Master of the Arcane. However, I bought this game solely for Crusader Kings II, so I cannot say much about other games. I have downloaded Magicka and Warlock demo and played for a few minutes to see what are they. Note that it requires Steam to play.

Magicka is an RPG, but more kid / teen oriented. There is an issue with my mouse (Logitech LX7) and the default button assignments, so it is necessary to do the setup before playing. Not my cup of tea (I don't even like Diablo), but it should be a good present for my nephew who is in junior high now.

Warlock is something like Civilization in fantasy theme 4X game. Perhaps for 4X games I like Sid's more, so I am not very interested in this game either. The game alone is not a bad one though, it seems.

And back to Crusader Kings II, it is a very addictive game. It is something like RTS but a bit different, feeling like "Nobunaga's Ambition" from KOEI to me. I played around 150 hours thus far. The game is to build a dynasty that rules (or survives) over time, including the Mongol invasions. There are few scenarios to choose from, and of which the "William the Conquer" period is the most interesting to me. It is great to start as a Count, invade using fake claims nearby Counts to expand, and eventually build up (steal) a Kingdom (Georgia in my case)... and once passing it down to the heir (there are many ways), the Kingdom starts to fall apart (well, not yet; it takes 3 generations to see it happens for me).

There are still some glitches in the game, in particular that there is no load game option. I can resign and load saved game, but by doing so it would lead to memory leak and eventually crash the game. Sometimes I can also see the AI armies not knowing where to go and stay in a place to die (of disease) or moving "back and forth" in the same area (a Count).

Victoria II is another very interesting game to me. It sounds like Crusader Kings II pushing forward into the modern era. Since I am "too occupied" by Crusader Kings II at the moment, I don't have time to play this (yet).

Anyway, for Crusader Kings II alone, I think $20 is well worth the money paid.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink