Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on November 11, 2004
I have done the low-carb thing off and on over the past 5 years, but started up again about 6 months ago. I was eating a lot more fresh vegetables and meat, but was getting tired of all the cooking. Then I came accross something about slow cookers and how they're the next best thing for low-carbers. I did some research, and decided to buy one. I also bought this cookbook along with it, based on the reviews here. I work long hours and have a daughter under 2. My husband is just as busy, and neithe us us want to cook when we get home. First of all, for those of you who want a great meal when you get home, but don't want to cook at that time, get a slow cooker. And for those of you who use a slow cooker and don't want potatoes coming out of your ears...get this book! I have to say, it's the only cookbook that I've ever used this much. I think it's partially because it's for the crockpot, partially because of low-carb. I have had this book for less than a month, and I have made over 20 of the recipes. Some I like better than others, but they're all good. I now want more slow cooker recipes, but can't get myself to buy any others, because I like to low-carb spin. Like all the other reviewers say, the language in the book is simple, the ingredients are easy to find, and the dishes are tasty. Even my husband hasn't missed the potatoes. He said we haven't eaten this gourmet in years! It's great to prepare the ingredients in the am and have it done that night. We serve some of the dishes over low-carb pasta and some with the sides in the book.
I always wondered why reviews here were so long...there's just so much to say! Just like everyone else, I would highly recommend this book, even if you are not on a low-carb diet, but want some great new slow cooker recipes. And for low-carbers, it's a must have!
54 people found this helpful