BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on April 14, 2012
So normally I don't leave reviews for things unless the really suede me one way or the other, but I felt compelled to do so for this cart. I looked all over Amazon and my local farm supply store for a cart of sorts. I guess to back up I recently had purchased some gravel for my driveway, 15 tons of 3/4" crushed granite. I told the guy to thin spread down the main driveway and then dump a SMALL pile at the end so I could then spread it out to the corners near the mailbox. Well he miss-judged the amount and dumped about 6-7 tons at the end of the driveway. So to correct for his mistake I purchased this cart to help spread out the rock.

So for the actual review - What I like-
Assembly took me and my 5 and 7 yr old boys about 45 min to put together, that was taking our time and I let them thread most of the bolts and then start with the ratchet and then I finished tightening. Directions we clear, easy to follow enough so that my 7 yr old inferred what to do from the pictures. So today I went out to give it a trial run. I attached to my husqvarna 46" mower and away I went wage war on the pile of rock. To be honest I lost track of the fact that I was working and felt like a kid again working in a sandbox dumping sand from my little Tonka truck. Before I knew it I had loaded and dumped about 15 loads of granite. As for the capacity of rock I filled the thing as full as I could get it so much so that rock was falling over the edges. I am one to push the limits and I want to know what she can do. So each load was heaping full of 3/4" granite. No clue what the weight is, but the cart didn't even seem to care. So needless to say I am very impressed with this cart. I like the fact that the handle folds in and can be used by hand or by lawn tractor or 4-wheeler. I can see myself using this cart for many more things than I intended when I purchased it. I am already planning on taking it elk hunting this fall for if and when the big moment comes and I have to haul 400 pounds of meat from 3 miles back in the woods.

Dislike - so far nothing major, when I bought it I didn't even notice that it has the ability to add some cargo rail sides. With this though I did notice that bed of the cart is slightly bowed in at the middle. So it would take some force to move it out and align for straight rail placement. Plus I think if you were to use 3/4 pine boards it would just bow the rails so I am already planning on making some rails out some rectangular tube steel to make it so that I can stack 1/2 a cord of firewood on this thing.

Backing this trailer is kind of a hit or miss endeavor I realize that is has a steerable hitch so it really just kind does what it wants. Not really a big deal since the thing is easy enough to disconnect and move around by hand.
Dumping rock with this thing does require a bit of muscle to lift the bed after the pin is pulled. But I am pretty sure I am over the "dumping" weight limit of 500 pounds. Day dreaming of adding a piston or some kind of battery lift so I can flip a switch and dump while driving it. We'll see!!!

Anyway great cart, can't say it enough and you won't be sorry you bought it!!!!!!!
What's this?