BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment TNF TNF TNF  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

VINE VOICEon January 12, 2009
I'd recently received a 22" LCD TV during our company's Christmas party to replace an aging Apex TV I had. I had a Sony DVD player I wanted to fit on the bookshelf where we have the TV, but it just wouldn't work out without some sort of stand. I happened across this from Allsop and was quite impressed with the design. I'm not quite sure why they call it "Redmond" as it reminds me more of an Apple product versus one from Microsoft. Nonetheless, I purchased it and was ready for setup once it arrived.

Like many others, upon setting the stand up and then placing my LCD TV on top and my DVD player below, I really noticed how much it wobbles. The base for the LCD TV covers pretty much the entire stand, so I doubt it would topple over, but my wife was especially concerned when she saw how much it wobbled. I conducted a few tests by casually hitting the bookshelf to see if the TV or anything else was in danger. While the Allsop stand wobbled, nothing got even close to being to the point where I felt concerned.

In the end, we'll be keeping the stand. It works well for our needs, looks nice with our setup, and looks like a solid product from Allsop. If you have a monitor or LCD TV with a smaller base I might be concerned, but, overall, I think Allsop knew what they were doing and, for the most part, put out a decent product.
What's this?