Spring Deals Automotive Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18SW_gno

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 10, 2012
Here's why we desperately needed more than an average fan for our home:

We live in an older home with a very uneven heating and cooling system. The first floor can be comfortably cool while the upstairs bedrooms are sweltering hot. And yes...I know it can be typically warmer on the second floor of a home than the first but the variation in our home is extreme, way past the norm. As a result, we've already paid plenty to try and resolve this situation. Unfortunately, our budget forbids paying for the extensive duct work rearrangement needed to resolve the problem. We're saving up for that.

In the meantime, this fan has made our home so much more liveable now. We sleep better and longer. It has been a quick and satisfying fix for a very frustrating problem. It also keeps our air conditioning costs low....amazingly low, compared to the years before we bought this fan. I think this is because if we feel cooler we aren't using our air conditioner as often.

I'm not usually crazy about "bells and whistles" on gadgets because they often boost the price without making much difference. But in this case, the extra settings are a MAJOR plus.

There are 8 speeds and this fan is AMAZINGLY quiet (I stress this point because I haven't found a fan even close to this one). Depending on your preference, you can set the fan to everything from "Sleep" to "Power Cool". There is also a "white noise" setting which had me asleep within minutes. You can also decide whether to have the fan revolve or stay still, depending on whether you want a steady stream of air blowing your way or not.

Even in an 85 degree room, the f keeps our son's bedroom feeling comfortably cool.

We plan on getting another for our guest room. Yes, it is pricy but it is worth it.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention another nifty feature: you can set the fan to turn off when the room reaches a desired temperature. So if the room is 85 degrees ( and let's hope it is not) , the fan turns off when it reaches 78 or 75 or a other setting. This means that if nights are cooler you don't have to remember to bother with the fan. Saves electricity!
55 comments| 339 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?