Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

on September 22, 2012
For those that have purchased the VIZIO VBR 337/338 BD Player here's some great news about the firmware updates! I was watching a dvd of the 1960's Tv series "Lost In Space"...after I ejected the disc a message came on the screen. The message prompted me to hit the GREEN button on the FRONT of the remote control for a FIRMWARE UPDATE! The FIRMWARE UPDATE was dated July 3,2012! I pressed the GREEN button on the FRONT of the remote ONCE and it said to choose OK to continue.After doing this the FIRMWARE UPDATE uploaded and when it was FINISHED it RESTARTED on it's own to reboot the system. Make sure you DON'T mess with the player power during the upload process!The UPDATE took about THREE MINUTES with my WI-FI connection. Here's the BEST PART after the FIRMWARE UPDATE is complete...ALL of my BLU-RAY discs that didn't PLAY before are NOW PLAYING including the FOX ones like "PLANET OF THE APES" Blu-ray Boxset and "STAR WARS" COMPLETE Blu-ray Boxset and others!!! A lot of people had this problem but now this FIRMWARE UPDATE takes care of all of that! I'm so happy that VIZIO now has this update to solve ALL of those problems and let's hope that's the end of that!This is great news which comes just in time for the release of "THE AVENGERS" on SEPTEMBER 25,2012 to DVD and BLU-RAY! I got the DVD, BLU-RAY, 3D BLU-RAY,Combo Pack! I wrote down the info I got off of the player INFO MENU once the FIRMWARE was COMPLETE.Here it is as follows.

VIZIO VBR 337/338 BD Player
Software Version
PKG_DVD_3_3_36_VBR_41_24
Software Date July 3,2012

You might have to reactvate the NETFLIX CODE but it's the same as it was when you first setup the player.I hope this post helps everyone out that had the same problem I did!

HAPPY BLU-RAY VIEWING!
22 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?