BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on June 20, 2000
I bought this CD thinking it was a newly released highlights CD of the Original London Cast CD with Colm Wilkinson, Patti LuPone, Michael Ball & Francis Ruffle. IT'S NOT! What a great way to get people to bye the CD. I really haven't listened to it because I was disgusted at the fact that I was lured into buying a CD under false pretences! (I did listen to some and it sounds like Kareoke music and Fantine was vocally weak. This is not a cast recording but a STUDIO RECORDING.) I can tell you the actors who sing the parts though (Something I would've wanted to know before buying, but I didn't have that chance, so here it is.)
VALJEAN & JAVERT = John Curl, FANTINE & COSETTE = Lindsey Stafford Smith, MARIUS= Christopher Smith, ENJOLRAS= Adam Pinter, THENARIDIER=Julian Emery, M. THENARDIER= Catherine Watson.
Uhhh, why have the same man sing 2 different parts. Okay, maybe I can see the same woman singing the mother and daughter, but the rivals?
Song List: AT THE END OF THE DAY,--I DREAMED A DREAM,--WHO AM I?,--FANTINE'S DEATH, --CONFRONTATION, --MASTER OF THE HOUSE, --STARS, --ABC CAFE, --RED AND BLACK, --DO YOU HERE THE PEOPLE SING, --A HEART FULL OF LOVE
Songs only from Act I of Les Miz!
Anyhow, the singers could turn out to be good for all I know, but I was just upset that it wasn't what it said it was. Although it wasn't listed as having Colm and Patti it did say "Original London Cast." So, at least now you can purchase this CD fully aware that it's not the London Cast! :)
0Comment| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?