Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Fergie PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

on April 10, 2012
I had an AT&T iPhone charger in my car. I always liked it because it had a USB port hidden behind a little door in addition to the coiled cord with the Apple charging connector on it. I no longer use the Apple connector, but I have been using the USB port to keep a small Android tablet charged up in the car. I use the tablet in the car for data logging. So if I need to charge my Samsung Galaxy S II, I had to unplug the tablet and hope it had enough battery life to perform its in-car duties.

I looked at a few comparable products and finally decided this one is probably the best choice based on the price and the positive reviews. I can now charge my phone and keep the small Android tablet powered up. The only inconvenience is that my various USB cables aren't neatly coiled up like my old AT&T charger. So when I have both devices plugged in, it looks a bit like a science experiment in the car. However, its a small price to pay to ensure I can charge my phone and keep the tablet powered up at all times.

I did try plugging in my iPad and it did report to be charging (with the charging battery icon). However, I generally dont need to charge an iPad in the car (at least havent had the need yet). I mainly just wanted to see if it could do it. Often times manufacturers will claim to charge Apple products, but they don't output enough amperage to really charge an iPad. I'm happy to report that this was not the case with the PowerGen Dual USB Car Charger.

I've recommended this to many of my friends who have similar requirements (needing an Android device in the car for data logging yet still being able to charge their phone of choice). I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this unit to anyone and everyone. Its a well built car charger and looks great plugged into the dash as well.
0Comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.