Industrial Deals Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on January 20, 2010
I purchased this holster case for a Canon EOS 7D (with the 18-135mm IS 3.5-5.6 lens) when I purchased it. The bag is just the right size for the camera, I have enough space above it to tuck the strap in and zip it up for carrying it around. The pockets on the sides are slightly cramped, but provide ample space for a remote shutter release, lens cloth, miniature tripod, and lens caps. Thus I feel prepared whenever I am shooting.
Now, the caveats to this case:
The 7D is a larger SLR (not the size of the D3 or the 1D, but still hefty) and when you are using the suspension strap, it holds the camera body very close to the top, thus I undid the velcro holding the suspension strap in place, and used a twist tie to keep it from getting tangled up in things.
The strap works well, but is a little thin, and the padded portion tends to slip and slide around, while you can put on a different strap with ease, this is annoying on a case that is meant to hold relatively hefty cameras.
That being said, the case protects the camera extremely well. I have gone skiing with this bag at my side, and had no worries for the camera while on the mountain. If you have anything larger than a 7D, I would suggest you look elsewhere for a case, though if you have any of the smaller nikons or canons, this will do just fine. Overall, I really like it, It's a good size and feels like it keeps my camera well protected.
99 comments| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?