Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

on May 23, 2012
Let me start by saying that I'm running this HDTV with a PS3 Slim (for BluRay, gaming and HD video content) and a Sony STR-DG 820 7.1 surround sound setup.

Pros:

Rich Blacks
Fantastic color reproduction on many films I tested*
wealth of options in the menu system
600hz as opposed to 60/120/240 with LCD or LED sets
great price for the size and quality.
Easy setup

Cons:

Some content didn't display quite as brightly as our 42inch Samsung LCD set until the display was adjusted.
Composite and Component can't be used at the same time. It's one or the other, not both.

I've owned and viewed some really good HDTV sets over the years and this set is among the best. There are three display settings, Standard (which sucks), Movie and Dynamic. I'm running the set using the Dynamic setting, although I also enjoyed the Movie settings too. Dynamic gives better brightness and a bump up in color saturation, but the Movie setting gave very warm color representation if not so bright. I've increased the brightness to about 60 to compensate for the default dull look of the screen on default settings and I increased the sharpness by 10. *These changes in combination with the Dynamic display setting gave much better results. But it's when I changed some of the HDMI output settings on the PS3 in combination with these changes when the quality of the display reached among the best in class that I've ever viewed.

Video games also look great on the set as I've tested quite a few. Dragons Dogma, Super Stardust, Killzone3, Dark Souls...all looked and ran great. You should have no problems there.

I didn't mention the speakers on this set mainly because I never use the default speakers on any HDTV I purchase. I've always run sound through HDMI using my 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound setup depending on which room the HDTV is going into. High fidelity displays with mediocre sound is not a great way to enjoy HD content. Better to just invest in a decent surround sound setup.

Overall, this is a great HDTV set that I highly recommend especially for the price and size. I've seen some really good LED HDTVs at similar sizes and great quality but if you're funds aren't that extensive and you want a large HDTV with a fantastic screen for a great price...Look no further.
88 comments| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.