Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports toystl17_gno

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing Something, March 2, 2012
This review is from: Law & Order: The Tenth Year (DVD)
Let me make it clear, straight up, that this is a review of the product, not of the show. As a huge Law & Order fan, I can say that the quality of these episodes is top-notch.

The product that NBC Universal/Universal Studios has put out though is another story.

I'm willing to ignore the lack of an episode list because I can just as easily get that online. Missing that doesn't really detract from the quality.

What I CANNOT and WILL NOT ignore is the absence of the crossover Law & Order SVU episode "Entitled - Part 1." The L&O Part 2 episode is present, but nowhere to be found is the important Part 1, DESPITE THE BACK COVER SAYING IT IS FEATURED!

When Season 9 came out, it took me a while to figure out where they had hidden the "Homicide" crossover episode. It was there, just very awkwardly placed. So before writing this review, I searched each of the five discs of Season 10 meticulously to see if I was missing something. I wasn't. It's nowhere to be found.

So why isn't it there? Copyright issues aren't a problem considering that it's the same production company. Season 1 of SVU is available on DVD, so DVD rights and issues shouldn't exist. I'm not as much of a fan of SVU, at least not enough to buy a season set just to get the one episode.

Am I sorry I bought the set? No. At Amazon's $24.99 price, it's still a steal for the quality of the episodes. But as far as I'm concerned, NBC Universal/Universal Studios owes me a disc with that SVU Episode on it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 14, 2012, 4:50:13 AM PDT
Ronald Meek says:
Thank you Emgee. Likewise, I meticulously searched all 5 discs to see where "Entitled - Part 1" was hidden. But to no avail. The SVU episode is simply NOT included. Lame.

I'm curious if the crossover episode is also missing from Law & Order: The Complete Series, as both Season 9 and 10, and subsequent seasons to follow, are taken straight from that box set. Which is also why the individually released seasons, starting with Season 9, lack episode lists. The Complete Series box set has a complete episode list. A big, full-color, glossy book that must be too perfect, or not worth the cost, to abridge and reproduce in a 2-4 page insert for the individually released seasons. Again, lame.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012, 3:14:30 PM PDT
Emgee says:
Unfortunately, the crossover episodes are not included in "The Complete Series."

Taken from a review of the complete series set:
"These 104 discs contain every episode of the series, all 456 of them. You'll also get all three Homicide: Life on the Street crossover episodes from the 6th, 8th and 9th seasons. Unfortunately the set doesn't include any of the other Law & Order crossovers (one from Trial by Jury, and two from Special Victims Unit, which are available separately), nor does it contain "Exiled", the Law & Order movie. I find that confusing, and disappointing, because it prevents this from being a "complete" documentation of the show and storylines."

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/reviews/Law-Order-Complete-Series/11498#ixzz1p8EfwoT6

I ended up having to download Entitled-Part 1 from iTunes. As I said in my review, I am still glad I purchased the set, but it does tick me off that it isn't included because I see NBC Universal as imply trying to get people to buy the SVU sets as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012, 7:35:44 PM PDT
The absence of "Exiled" is a shocker to me. Like a bastard stepchild or something.

Posted on Feb 26, 2013, 6:23:10 PM PST
hello All,
I just got this season.. I have a Crossover episode " Entitled" AS a continuation of "Mayhem" Season 4 Episode 17..

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2013, 1:32:53 AM PDT
Brian R says:
All it said is that "Entitled" was a cross over episode from Law and Order SVU I think they were just giving background information in hopes that you would buy the SVU season that featured part 1. Its a trickery with words, but does not say anywhere that the SVU episode is included. Its not fair, but its not really false advertising....

Posted on Jun 3, 2013, 2:43:11 PM PDT
W. A. H. says:
Amen. I feel your frustration.
I bought L&O: SVU Season One and after Entitled Pt.1 was over, I was furious. I figured Part two may be in a SPECIAL FEATURES or something.
Nope.
And it was years and years before Law and Order Season 10 came out, because they were throwing the seasons out out of order.
It was a lame move, and didn't win them any fans.
If I were them, I would have just put it on there as "Entitled" and ran it as a straight hour and a half on one disc.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2013, 3:23:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 3, 2013, 5:55:57 PM PDT
Dano Five-0 says:
Hi....I have season 10..And Entitled is on it....219- Number 14...
Have a good one...
This look's like part (2). AS it has ( Continuation ) On my Episode guide.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2013, 5:20:34 PM PDT
Part 1 or 2???

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2013, 5:56:41 PM PDT
Looks like part (2)..

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2013, 6:04:42 PM PDT
Brian R says:
Yeah I believe they are stating part 1 from SVU is not on it. Right now I would be happy just to have other season released! Still can't get season 13 for original law and order
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›