Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Plus  Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 14, 2001
I just bought the Garmin GPS 12 after doing loads of research, including reading the reviews posted here, and as I first time buyer I was uncertain, but I'm a believer now! I wondered what motivated people to sit down and write these reviews...it seemed sort of suspicious to me.
I fully understand now, and I hope to contribute as a way of saying thanks to the other reviewers.
This unit is outstanding, as the other reviews state, and I found it particularly wonderful when combined with some free software called GPSU or GPS utility. You can find it on the net (they are out of England). You can download/upload waypoints and make a map. Combination of these two are a must for the beginner to intermediate GPS user who camps, fishes, bikes, or visits places that they know they'll forget how to return to. Just click "GOTO" and then highlight your waypoint and you can leave your brain at home. I've also found that using 4 energizer "AA" batteries gives MUCH more than 24 hours of use; more like 32 hours. Very, very impressed with this device.
0Comment| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?