Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon ballerss3 ballerss3  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on October 13, 2012
I am a diehard SmartWool fan but I wanted to be fair and try other brands, too. As I needed different colors, and wanted to stay in a price range, I decided to order two different colors of the Wigwam socks and one knee sock of my faved SmartWool.

The first to arrive were the Wigwams and I immediately put them on. The first thing I noticed is that I didn't have anything to comment on at all. No oohs and ahhhs; nothing to 'write home about'. They're socks.
So, I kind of wondered why the high price then? Is it the brand? Is it the quality of wool? Perhaps.

They were comfortable, they did stay up nicely, they did not leave indentations in my calves, they didn't seem to itch, but I am left wondering if I would have been just as happy buying ANY sock from the local department store.

Then, this morning, my SmartWool knee sock arrived..WOW. You'll have to read my review on that item! :)

December 2012 Update:

I would not buy these again, for sure. I don't like the feel on my legs or feet. It feels like a thin crocheted sweater on my feet. I don't want a sweater on my feet - I want a SOCK on my feet!

PS. Just to be fair, I want to mention that I DO have a pair of hiking socks - thick, wool ones, that are the Wigwam brand, and they are marvelous.
0Comment| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.