Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on November 11, 2011
I needed a watch to replace my misplaced G Shock and was very interested in quality automatics. This one is pretty ubiquitous so I gave it a shot. First day thoughts:

Not as big as I expected, although I have larger hands/wrists. My G Shock was much thicker and about the same diameter, with chunkier lugs that made it seem larger. This one wears quite flat for its size and the crown doesn't bother my wrist at all. Slips under a sleeve easily. Weight with the rubber band does not seem heavy to me at all; it weighs as much as you'd think a well made watch should and that's all.

Fit and finish is very impressive. It's glossy or shiny in the right spots, and brushed or solid in others. The bezel clicks feel great after a couple of initial break in turns. The crown requires a slightly finicky push to screw back in but I am not worried about it at all. The black rubber band feels nicer than expected and hasn't tugged at a single hair yet.

Watch arrived ticking from the shipment. Setting it required reading the instructions which I did not expect given the single input; there are considerations with the day-date versus time that you will have to worry about once on initial setup and that's pretty much it. Took five minutes or less.

The orange face, black band combo is nice and contrasty without being overbearing. I think it looks much better in person than in photos, where I felt it only looked okay.

Overall satisfied. Will edit with an extended use/accuracy update.

[edit] Week one updates:
-The crystal has gotten a couple of teeny tiny scratches from bumping into things. These are completely invisible except when you angle a bright light to reflect directly into your eye, so I have no issue with them.
-The crown bothers me if my sleeves are tight enough to keep the watch pushed down against my hand. This only occurs with one specific jacket that has very tight sleeves. Normally I don't notice.
-I wear my watch fairly loose, and definitely notice the balance shift with the watch weight versus band weight when my hand is positioned in certain ways.
-I set the watch the day I got it (not paying attention to the seconds) and the time is still matched within the minute to my computer. Even if it was a full minute off that would be about 8 seconds a day which I can live with. I'll probably reset the time once every 2-4 weeks.
-I've been wearing it while sleeping and showering to no ill effects. I have flown it to 10,000 feet MSL in an unpressurized cockpit then back down to sea level within a few minutes and there has been no issue.
-After a week of wear the luminous markers have soaked up enough daylight to stay readable all night. If you want to see something amazing hold a Surefire or other super bright LED flashlight up against the face at night for 30 seconds or so.

I totally do not care about any of these complaints because of how perfect the watch looks and how amazing it is to have my first automatic movement. It looks much better than pictures and has gotten compliments. I love looking at the detail in the face, and I am completely amazed that it has not stopped (accurately) ticking since I got it despite having no winding, battery, or electronics.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.