Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE AS CAN BE!, May 30, 2013
This review is from: Ray-Ban RB2132 New Wayfarer Polarized Sunglasses (Eyewear)
Oh, my. I feel sorry for the poor person who pays $130 for this POOR excuse for a pair of RAY-BAN Wayfarers. After reading many reviews SLAMMING this company for its fakes, I gave it a try---why not? I have Prime and knew I could send them back. It's laughable that this company thinks its customers are so stupid. After a google search, I compiled a list of ways to SPOT fake Ray-Bans--these knock-offs that were shipped failed THE FIRST BENCH mark! The 7 point hinge was only 3 points. Ray-Ban LOGO was not etched in lenses-they SURELY were not polarized. WHAT a joke. I will return them and pay the extra $50 to order them thru Sunglass Hut.
Nothing, NOTHING urks me like a LIAR! --- I hope this company goes out of business soon. PATHETIC....Amazon--what a disappointment---stop representing this SELLER.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 30, 2013 8:25:40 AM PDT
Michele says:
BEWARE: when contacting the company about the fakes (will return regardless and not wait for a new pair (will not support a company like this), this is the STOCK response I got:
Hello,

We do not sell fake eye wear. We are licensed to sell authentic Ray Ban eye wear. We have a direct account with the manufacturer of Ray Bans Luxottica which guarantees our products authenticity.

Regards,

Sunglass Express

I TELL YOU-THESE ARE FAKE!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2013 7:09:48 AM PDT
Chasm says:
Hi,

These are advertised as "New" Wayfarers. From the pictures I can see they have a different shape than the traditional ones; look like they have a 3-point hinge as you say; and have "made in Italy" rather than "hand made in Italy".

So, my guess is that they're not "fake", but perhaps still not what you were looking for.

"New Coke", "New Wayfarers" ... blah, blah. No thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2013 11:48:08 AM PDT
Michele says:
Yes...New Wayfarers are different than the originals. I was aware of that as I had looked at them at Sunglass Hut. It wasn't really the frame that was the major issue but the lenses. They surely were not polarized.
----who knows--maybe this company go a hold a damaged pair and replaced the lenses and tried to resell them? The packaging came all banged up/and their wasn't a eyeglass case. So, these were DEF. not firsts.

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 6:50:06 AM PDT
Since they made them in CHINA the quality has gone way way way down
you can instantly tell the difference. Go to the local 7-11 and buy a $ 10 dollar pair of Sunglasses because that is what these are. JUNK!!!

Posted on Jul 28, 2016 6:19:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 28, 2016 6:19:52 PM PDT
Shahin Nezam says:
...New Wayfarers do NOT have the 7 point hinge, not now, not ever. They use a standard single hinge (yes, the 3 point).

As for the rest, I Can't confirm, but I've never known Amazon (not fulfilled by amazon, but SOLD BY AMAZON.COM) to sell fraudulent or counterfeit merchandise... My new wayfarers from them had the ray-ban P etched into the top of the left lens (looking at them) and also say "Made in Italy", EXACTLY like the ones at every sunglasses shop I've checked since say, including sunglass hut...

I'd take a step back and breathe
‹ Previous 1 Next ›