Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on December 26, 2013
We brushed aside the critic reviews and saw this movie on Christmas Day. Five of us walked into the theater to be entertained (fingers crossed), five of us walked out captivated. This is a stunning movie that uses the story, the scenery and a beautiful score to weave a spell around you and whisk you away to a dream that you wish would go on and on.

Slightly over two-hours long there wasn't a moment that I yawned, stretched my legs and thought about hitting the loo. This movie was mesmerizing.

Ben Stiller's understated performance as Walter Mitty is outstanding. I daresay, in my opinion, this is his best performance to date. Kristin Wiig's performance is gentle and sweet. It's so exciting to see Wiig outside SNL as an actress who can hold her own. The other characters, including Adam Scott (the man you'll love to hate) and Sean Penn (the man you'll either love ~me~ or want to be) are also well done. Scott is a bit over-the-top as the 'bad guy' but he has to be for this whimsical, fairy tale-esque story. Personally, I thought his weird beard worked because this is very much a fairy tale.

Equally important to the fine performances are the locations - the scenery is breathtaking, and the musical score. One scene where the music plays equally to the acting is just transcendent.

This is a movie I will pay to see again at the cinema before it's gone. This is a Blu Ray that I will purchase for my personal library. This is a movie that is now in my top five favorite movies of all time.
2424 comments| 528 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.