Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on December 14, 2007
I've been giving the kindle version of the WSJ a try for the last week. I'm also currently a print version subscriber, but not an WSJ Online subscriber. I agree with a previous reviewer that this is a good but not great product. Here's what's good:

- Ready for me to read every morning, and I don't have to go outside to get it.
- Includes articles from the Online version at the end. I've not seen anyone comment on this. This is nice, and allows news that breaks after the paper goes to press to be added to the download.
- Easier to read (no fighting with the paper itself)
- Hands stay clean
- Searchable
- At $120 per year, this is a good value vs. the print version at $250 per year. And I don't think comparisons to the cost of WSJ online are valid. The kindle version can go with you and be read anywhere, just like the paper version. The online version cannot.
- No ads

Here's what I need to see to call it great (are you reading this WSJ?):

- The What's News section. NO IDEA why this is not included now. Makes no sense. No pictures - that I understand. But why the What's News section is not included is beyond me.
- I want every article to have a small lead-in after the headline like what is included with the articles found on page one of every section. This gives me some idea of what the article is about because the article headline is not always descriptive enough. Even if you just give me the first sentence... With the paper version you can quickly scan the the first few sentences to see if this is an article of interest. Can't do this with the way the current kindle version of the paper is produced.
- I do miss the the pictures, althought the famous WSJ line drawing head shots are included. Would like to see some pictures eventually.

Ultimately, I think I will convert to the kindle edition. If some of my wish list items above are added, it will be a no-brainer.
1818 comments| 1,048 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.