Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on September 17, 2006
Forrest Gump, based more or less on the novel of the same name by Winston Groom, is my second favorite film of all time. It always manages to cheer me up, or make me laugh, or make me think. Plus I love all the retro footage and sets, being a big fan of all things 1960s and 1970s.

Forrest Gump (Tom Hanks) is a young man who isn't that smart, but still has gone on to lead an interesting life. His life leads him to all sorts of places, and he gets to meet all sorts of people, some of them celebrities of the day. He goes to college, he goes to war, he goes on TV and even to China. He loves his mama (Sally Field) and a girl named Jenny, who he has known since the first day of school (Robin Wright Penn). Sometimes it seems as if he has a destiny, other times its like he's floating round on the breeze. Maybe it's both. Whichever way, it certainly makes an interesting ride.

There are so many things I love about this film. I love the character of Forrest, the way he looks at things, the way he talks and interacts with people. I love the soundtrack, a mix of songs contemporary with Forrest's adventures in the 1960s and 1970s. They really add to the mood of the film, plus usually are relevant lyrically, which is a nice touch, I thought. I love the look of everything in the film, which helps the atmosphere just as much as the music. I love how this movie can make me laugh, make my cry and make me think. I love how there's always something thematically I haven't noticed before. Though it's about a not so clever man, I do believe it's a very clever film.

Since I love the film so much, I find the special features really interesting. Between the featurettes and the commentary, you'll discover where Lieutenant Dan's legs went, where Tom Hanks picked up Forrest's accent from, why director Robert Zemeckis chose the music he did and how they managed to get so many famous people of the past to make appearances (even though most were dead). It's pretty thorough.

All in all, highly recommened. It's a great, colourful film with plenty to look at and consider.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.