Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Train Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on March 15, 2013
Overall, in my opinion, this is a great game. Before buying it myself, I had done some research on it as you are now. Many people have reported glitches that severely disrupt the game play. I, however, have not experienced these glitches. The absolute worst thing about this game is a minor crashing issue. Note, however, it is quite minor. It will happen to me once every three days or so. With an auto save every 30 minutes, it isn't a major problem. If you're playing this on a laptop, as I am, there's something you may want to note: don't close your laptop's lid! If you do, your game will close.

General likes:
-Game play overall is quite entertaining. Though it may technically be repetitive in some cases, I personally don't notice it greatly.
-Other than a rare crash, I haven't encountered any glitches.
-Realism settings are fully adjustable: you can play with near perfect realism or turn things down a bit for a first run-through.
-The promotion system with your crew is completely up to you: you get points known as promotion points to spend on various upgrades to your crew, enhancing your submarine or the crew's efficiency at sea.

General dislikes:
-Some missions can be tedious and stressful: A mission might be to "sink an enemy aircraft carrier". You are like, "okay", and head over to the mission site. You search and search and search, but never find any aircraft carrier. I'm sure one is there, but is just hard to find.
-Some aircraft can be annoying. They just fly around yelling out your position. I would submerge to avoid detection, but my submarine's batteries won't last long enough. They never seem to attract any destroyers to me, but they just keep setting the time compression back to 1. Passing through the English Channel becomes a pain just because the aircraft keep resetting my time compression. There's no way to have the game ignore them; you just have to put up with it.

The dislikes are not game breaking by any means, so, if you enjoy simulators, particularly submarine ones, give the game a try. I wasn't a huge fan of sea-based simulators, but this game managed to entertain me nonetheless.
0Comment| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?