Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Format: Hardcover|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Perhaps because the author has spent much time coaching young women about basic finance in the United States, she may have come to consider their plights as universal, and therefore not thought to qualify the title to that segment of the population. Granted, the subtitle reads, "Get the Mindset and Discipline You Need to Build Your Financial Life." However, some readers may not understand she means from ground zero.
I'm not a financial wizard, yet I found nothing new in these pages. I did find a lot of anecdotal information and a lot of to-do lists.
The book did not seem well organized to me. The beginning had a number of quotes from important people, which led me to expect great insider information. The beginning of each chapter also had some interesting quotes. Sadly, I found the quotes to be the most interesting bits in the book.
Since this is a coaching book, here's my responding anecdote to give an example of coaching differences. There were two coaches for my high school tennis team. One was good at cheers and slogans, "Come on, ace that serve!" "Corner, corner, corner!" etc. Her shouting lended energy to the players if they were starting to lag, but most times proved distracting. The other coach sat us down before the matches and reviewed what she knew about the players we'd be facing. She warmed us up with specific exercises and described how each one worked to enhance our backhands, etc. And she checked our racket faces for any loose areas. She spoke softly and not often, but we all hung on her every word, from greenest freshman to seasoned senior, because it worked for all of us.
For me, Psych Yourself Rich would have been the sort of book written by the first coach.
3 people found this helpful