Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on January 1, 2014
My daughter (who is four) has decided to she's ready for "big kid" Legos. Having loved Legos as a kid, and wanting to inspire that same love in my kid, I went out and stocked up on a LOT of Legos. For the Friends line, I got the school, Olivia's house, the beach house, the bakery, the pool, etc. Anyhow, it was a lot of stuff. I quickly realized that the bigger sets were going to be too daunting for my little kid to put together, even with extensive help from me (right now, she is really only able to handle this line of Legos if I hand her the next piece and examine the photo instructions with her). The really small sets (the poly bags) are fun, but don't really give her any great sense of accomplishment upon completing the tiny sets. I really think she would enjoy Olivia's house once it's built, but seven bags (totaling 695 pieces) of piece-by-piece guidance sounds more exhausting than fun to me. Enter the beach house. It's more manageable at just four bags (totaling 369 pieces), which we put together over three days. She really enjoyed seeing the house take shape at each successive step, and when we were finished, she couldn't stop beaming that she had built a house!

There are a lot of small pieces that will undoubtedly get lost over time (sigh). However, the house was nicely detailed, and the end product is very "playable". Of course, it looks smaller than in the pictures, but then again, most Legos do. I can barely get my relatively small adult hands into most of the play spaces, but my four-year-old's hands didn't seem to have any trouble.

I think most kids like having "houses" to play with, so this is actually a pretty cool house for both boys and girls. Most of the house is fairly gender neutral, although there are some pinks and purples thrown in since it is, after all, marketed primarily at girls. The MSRP is $39.99, which is also a lot easier on your wallet than Olivia's house ($74.99). All in all, this mid-sized (and mid-priced) house is a great addition to the Friends Lego line, offers great playability, and lives up to the Lego name in both quality and creativity. Absolutely no regrets!
22 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.