Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now STEM

5.0 out of 5 stars A great deal. Must buy if you've never tried Fallout 3 before., October 13, 2009
This review is from: Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition (Video Game)
This is the 3rd time I've tried Fallout 3, and I must say, the third time's a charm.

I didn't like this game the first or the second time, but granted I gave it only a couple of hours each time. I last bought this game in June, but returned it when I heard about the GOTY edition a few days later.

The GOTY does come with 2 discs, Disc One is the gameplay for Fallout 3, which looks virtually unchanged, except on the actual disc itself where it says "Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition". Besides that, there's little to no difference. Disc 2 has all the DLC, including the last installment; Mothership Zeta.

The instruction manual is a new one for GOTY, and instructs you to install disc 2 to your hard drive, before playing if you've never played Fallout 3, or do not have a current save file. However I didn't read it, and played about 3 hours of disc one before I noticed. I installed disc 2 (About 10 minutes, give or take), and everything was fine. I got the messages in-game letting me know that I have all 5 DLC's unlocked, that my level cap was raised to 30 etc.

After playing this game a good 10 hours, and not even completing half of the storyline, I feel like an idiot for not liking this game the first or second time. I think I was completly hooked when I saw the Washington Monument. It's just an amazing experience.

It gives you the option to choose what DLC you install. You don't have to install all 5, you can pick just one, or two, or all 5.

Here are the requirements.
Broken Steel = 620 MB
Mothership Zeta = 324 MB
Operation Anchorage = 369MB
Point Lookout = 413 MB
The Pitt = 492 MB

Total of 2.2 Gigs. (2218MB)

Go buy this now. If you haven't bought any of the DLC, go trade in your old Fallout 3 disc, and get the GOTY edition.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 13, 2009 9:24:29 AM PDT
Kibo says:
Thanks for the review! I was curious about how the DLC's worked. So I guess you still have to install the game to the harddrive (the 5 DLC). Can you tell me how much space that requires? Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2009 11:00:43 AM PDT
Z says:
I would also like to know as I only have a 20GB HDD. I thought this was all the content on one DVD so I might need to upgrade. Please let us know when you get the chance, thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2009 11:00:55 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 13, 2009 11:01:09 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 13, 2009 11:06:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 13, 2009 1:58:13 PM PDT
When I get home I'll check and let you know. From what it looks like, the second disc is only used to install the DLC, and never used again. It also worked on 2 seperate xbox's, so it would appear you can install it, and then sell it. Anyways, I will update this tonight with the space requirements.

EDIT - Forgot to mention, that it gives you the option to choose what DLC you install. You don't have to install all 5, you can pick just one, or two, or all 5.

EDIT2 - Here are the requirements.
Broken Steel = 620 MB
Mothership Zeta = 324 MB
Operation Anchorage = 369MB
Point Lookout = 413 MB
The Pitt = 492 MB

Total of 2.2 Gigs. (2218MB)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2009 9:41:34 PM PDT
Z says:
Thanks for the info - you rock!

Posted on Mar 25, 2010 12:03:48 PM PDT
Minli Xu says:
so a HDD is required to play the DLC ?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 5:38:06 PM PDT
Z says:
Yes you download the 2nd disk to the HDD and you never use the 2nd disk again.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2010 12:24:41 PM PDT
Jagadish says:
DLC = Downloadable Content. So yeah all DLC require a hard drive because you "download" them to your hard drive.

Posted on Mar 28, 2011 1:07:28 PM PDT