77 of 81 people found the following review helpful
ARGO: Declassified Extended Edition - List of New Special Features & Items included,
This review is from: Argo: The Declassified Extended Edition (Blu-ray+Digital HD) (Blu-ray)
Most people, myself included, really enjoyed "Argo". If you don't already own the film, this Extended Edition might be the way to go. But if you already own the original blu-ray release, then is it worth an upgrade? Well, hopefully the details below will help you make a decision.
Included on the blu-rays:
- Theatrical Edition of the movie
- Extended Edition of the movie (an extra 10 minutes added to the film)
- 3 New Special Features + all the special features from the previous blu-ray release
Included in the box set:
- 40-page book premium featuring behind the scenes photos, production notes, bios and more
- Argo One-Sheet Poster (you know they are going to fold it to fit it in the box, so it will have creases right down the middle)
- Map of Tehran movie locations (14" x 20")
- Reproduction of Tony Mendez's CIA ID card
So if you enjoyed the movie, then you might want to consider picking this up. I'm interested in seeing if the extra 10 minutes of footage improves the film (not that it needs improvement); and with three all-new special features and the book/memorabilia from the film, this set might be worth it.
FULL LIST OF SPECIAL FEATURES:
Brand New Features (exclusive to this blu-ray set):
1. Argo Declassified - Tony Mendez's daring operation gets honored as part of the CIA's 50th anniversary
2. Ben Affleck's Balancing Act - Balancing humor, politics, Hollywood and international intrigue as only Affleck and his team could do
3. Argo F*** Yourself - Ben Affleck leads an all-star review of Argo's classic line
Additional Features (from the old blu-ray release):
4. Picture in Picture: Eyewitness Account: Relive the takeover of the US Embassy in November of 1979 and the daring rescue mission in January of 1980 through the eyes of those that lived it.
5. Feature length audio commentary with director Ben Affleck and writer Chris Terrio
6. Rescued from Tehran: We Were There - President Jimmy Carter, Tony Mendez and the actual houseguests recount the real-life harrowing experience they endured.
7. Argo: Absolute Authenticity - From characters to heart-stopping action, Ben Affleck's eye and ear for hard-hitting realism and attention to exacting detail has become his signature as an A-list filmmaker.
8. Argo: The CIA & Hollywood Connection - Director Ben Affleck and former CIA agent Tony Mendez give a firsthand view of the actual documents and cover story used to create the phony movie Argo that had all of Hollywood believing in.
9. Escape from Iran: The Hollywood Option - Escape from Iran commemorates the 25th anniversary of the "Canadian Caper," taking us back to this startling affair through the direct testimony of the Americans who found sanctuary at the Canadian embassy in Tehran, and the Canadians who risked their own safety to shelter their closest neighbors.
10. Tony Mendez on Tony Mendez - Former CIA agent Tony Mendez shares additional details and stories from the mission
11. A Discussion with the Cast of Argo - Ben Affleck joins Bryan Cranston, John Goodman, Alan Arkin, Clea Duvall and Rory Cochrane for a live conversation about their experiences while making Argo
12. The Istanbul Journey - Ben Affleck shows us why Istanbul was the ideal place to shoot Argo
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 3, 2013 10:50:21 AM PDT
...thank you for this, JMM...huge Affleck fan...double-dipped on "The Town" BD Director's set...don't regret it...and your (oh-so) helpful/complete listing of all that is included in the "Argo" Director's Set made my day...was going to buy it anyway, but your efforts to make us aware of all that is included clinches it for me...besides, I do love the little books and other chotskies...*grins*...
Posted on Sep 6, 2013 9:20:12 AM PDT
Where can I buy the box set?
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2013 9:27:32 AM PDT
Spener Mitchell, are you asking about the boxed set of "The Town"? ☺
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2013 10:25:00 AM PDT
No, the box set for, "Argo," (2012). Where can I buy that?
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2013 10:28:39 AM PDT
No actual "boxed" set of Argo (yet), but this "extended" edition (with great extras) comes out 12/3.
Posted on Sep 6, 2013 7:54:38 PM PDT
A map of Tehran? Really?
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2013 10:43:18 PM PDT
I should've been more clear in my review; it's not just a regular old map. The map will highlight the specific areas of the city seen in the movie - the US Embassy, the airport, the bazaar, etc. The map measures 14 x 20".
Hope that helps. :)
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2013 8:31:49 AM PDT
I hope it becomes available for pre-order soon.
Posted on Sep 8, 2013 2:36:32 PM PDT
thanks for the info:)
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2013 10:41:46 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 10, 2013 10:42:01 PM PDT]