Truck Reviews Beauty Audible Mel Robbins Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on April 14, 2006
I started playing DDO (Dungeons and Dragons: Online) which has an integrated voice chat program so i dug out my old microphone that came with my Pentium 100mz Packard Bell computer.

After using it for a few days i couldn't stand holding it every time i wanted to talk so i bought a 40$ headset. Long story short the headset's microphone sounded quiet to everyone in the game even though it was 2 inches from my face and all microphone options were maxed out.

A few weeks later the microphone just stopped working.

I decided id go with a cheap alternative in case it was weak once again.

To my surprise this $15 microphone outperformed the $40 headset and my old microphone. It was so sensitive that i couldn't even clip it halfway down my shirt because people were commenting it was too loud. I had to clip it onto my keyboard and turn the volume way down.

People can hear me perfectly even when i have a fan blowing air in from outside about 4 feet away.

This mic does everything i wanted at an great price.

So why 4 stars instead of 5? The cord is really short. It would have gotten 5 stars if the cord was 1 or 2 feet longer.
16 people found this helpful