Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on February 19, 2007
I bought this a while back and began finding problems with it right away.

1) The trimmer cannot operate on A/C power alone. This means you can't plug it into the wall and use it. Instead, you have to charge the battery, then unplug it to use it.

2) About 2 weeks after I bought it, the beard trimmer attachment broke. The little tabs that hold it at different lengths snapped off so you can only use it on the shortest setting, and you have to hold the attachment on with your hand so it won't slide off. Clearly, I'm not the only one who this has happened to.

3) The nose trimmer has very dull blades. I don't normally use a nose trimmer nor do I really need one, but I have a cheap one that I got in my Christmas stocking that I've used a few times. Out of curiosity, I tried the attachment that came with this trimmer and was introduced to a new kind of pain. It was pulling at the hairs but not cutting them.

I contacted the a representative at Norelco to see if I they would send me a replacement beard attachment or if I could purchase just that attachment. They directed me to their service centers who wanted $10 for just that attachment. Including shipping, it would have cost me almost what I payed for the whole set.

My advice: pay a little more for something sturdier. That's what I plan on doing.
1414 comments| 165 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.