on February 20, 2015
Excuse me, what are these things coming out of my eyes?

Let me clear something up though. This is not technically a prequel. The first chapter takes place after the end of Something Strange and Deadly . So if you don’t want spoilers for that book, read this after!

Anyways, I absolutely loved reading this from Daniel’s perspective. Throughout the series I’ve always wanted to know what goes on through Daniel’s brain, so finally getting my wish is both good and heartbreaking.

Daniel is such a broken character. We get to see why he thinks of himself so lowly, and it hurts. Because we know that he’s a wonderful soul.

His relationship with Cass is definitely very surprising. I was expecting not to like their relationship, but I ended up rooting for them, even if I knew how it ended. Speaking of, I thought the way they ended wouldn’t have affected me, but DANGIT it broke my heart.

This book is different than the others from the series because it exposes steampunk much more. The whole story revolved around a ship, and I loved reading about how the contraptions worked and whatnot. I was never lost and my attention was captured.

Overall, as far as novellas go, this is one really amazing one. Expect a heavy dose of feels with this one, and prepare to fall in love with Daniel even more!

4.5 stars
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink