Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on September 13, 2013
I feel a little silly writing my first Amazon review over some soap, but that's just how much I love this stuff. Dr. Bronner's is amazing! I bought the Castile soap to use as a shampoo to go along with my "No Poo" experiment, but I have since used it for so much more! As a shampoo, this stuff is perfect. My hair has never been fuller or curlier (I have super thick, wavy hair, down to my mid-back). I've always received compliments on my hair, but now people rave about how it looks. Sometimes I dilute it with coconut milk, but most of the time I use it straight out of the bottle. At first, I had a problem with a sticky residue left behind on my hair, which was clogging up my brushes, but I figured out that diluting the soap takes care of that problem (10 parts water/coconut milk to 1 part soap); however, I have now discovered Dr. Bronner's Citrus Conditioning Hair Rinse 8 Ounces, which is specifically designed to rinse away the "goop" left behind, and I feel like my life is now complete!

I could go on and on about the many uses (18, as claimed by Dr. Bronner himself!), but I would get pretty boring. I will, however, add that this is the best dog shampoo I have ever used on my precious, white MaltiPoo. We have had a flea problem this summer in Middle Tennessee, and even with Advantix he seems to bring in a few fleas on occasion. Not after I started washing him in Dr. Bronner's! Peppermint is a natural insect deterrent, and the fleas are killed on contact when I scrub him down with this soap. Plus, his coat has never been whiter or softer! He's happy because less grooming is required, and I'm happy because he's fresh and clean with no nasty little bugs along for the ride. I was bathing him every day for a few days due to fleas, and his sensitive, allergy-prone skin did not dry out - in fact, we had no problems at all with itching or flaking.

If you are even slightly considering buying this soap (I know it's also sold at Whole Foods, Kroger, Target, and many other places), I say go for it. I know it's just a soap, but it's, for real, life-changing. I am getting everyone I know some for Christmas (and I'm a super gift-giver, so you know this stuff must be good!). I now swear by it.
11 comment| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?