Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums STEM Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

The manufacturer commented on the review below
on June 22, 2012
I bought this item to replace my old tomtom 340 XL. The item is exactly as described however, I was disappointed. It has the same traffic capabilities and map updates as my old one. Same menu type, nothing really new except voice recognition. The screen is huge as described. But that's about the only thing new. Definitely overpriced.

If you absolutley want the big screen, then this is the GPS for you, otherwise save your money and get a less expensive tomtom. It should be the same only with a smaller screen. I know my old one was.

I can't really rate the mounting device because suction cup devices do not work where I live. The heat kills the seal and the GPS falls off the windshield.
66 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hi Michelle, while the traffic updates works the same as your old device, that is where the similarities end! Your new VIA 1605TM has a much larger screen to show more map information, much better screen resolution, much more internal memory, and a slot to take a micro SD card up to 32 GB to expand the memory!
I am pleased that the menu looked the same to you. That is part of the TomTom DNA and we always look to keep things familiar as that is what our customers are accustomed to.
To mount your VIA in a hot climate, I recommend looking at a dashboard mount or an air vent mount that will hold the device. This should take care of the sun issue and keep it in place.