Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services _fab _fab _fab  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case...Great Price!! Love It!!, September 21, 2012
This review is from: MoKo Case for Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7 2012 - Slim-fit Folio Cover Case for Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7 Inch 2 Gen 2012 Tablet, BLACK (with Automatic Wake/Sleep Function) (Electronics)
First, make sure you have your kindle screen unlocked before you place it in the case otherwise you will think that the case logo is upside down. It was a mistake I made so I thought I would share that right off the bat. You can then lock it into the "correct" position. Also, if you find that certain game apps open upside down, here is what you do to resolve that issue: unlock the screen and place your kindle in the case so that speakers align with holes and case opens from right to left like a book. Open the app (in my case Words with Friends) and it will open upside down. When it is open, press the home icon which will now be upside down in the upper right hand side. This will bring you back to the home screen but the screen will now be right side up. Once there, lock the screen. Now, open up your app. You will find that now it will open right side up and you have a case that opens correctly. I hope that helps! I considered returning the case because I thought it was a flaw but not so! I also thought I would be missing some features in buying this case, but no. Let me tell you, this case is AWESOME!! And the price? Fabulous!....Which makes it even more extraordinary!! I had originally planned to buy the Amazon-made case specifically for the HD but dragged my feet about it because of the price ($45). It was while reading a review about the Kindle Fire HD that I came across another reviewer's post and link to this case. It is only a quarter the price of the Amazon made case. Also, what kept me from buying the Amazon made case was a reviewer who said it doesn't stand well on slippery surfaces like granite and will slide flat. That cinched the deal for me to buy this case. This case feels like leather, it looks very sleek, it protects your tablet very well, and it stands at 4 different angles (5 if you count that it can stand upright too). I also like that it puts the tablet to sleep automatically when closed and turns it on automatically when opened (this completely negates the need to search for the hard to find power button!). This is the same function that the Amazon made case has. There are holes aligned perfectly for the speakers and also you can close the case and charge the tablet without having to take the tablet out of the case. As in the picture, there is a strap to place your hand through to hold and there is also an elastic strap to bind the two sides together back to back if you prefer. Another reviewer made the comment that the clasp can feel too tight when you close it and she was concerned about it possibly scratching the tablet. I do agree that it is "snug" and you feel at first that you have to force it closed. I also thought at first that it might scratch the tablet too (it doesn't). I realized that if you open and close it enough that it gets looser and snaps close and open easier with use. I love this case and I highly recommend it!! Update: They've added an elastic strap for a stylus pen if you use one. I don't have that on mine but you can see in the picture where the strap is on the left side of the camera.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 11 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 43 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 24, 2012, 2:59:26 PM PDT
Jane Tilley says:
Thanks so much for the tip about making sure you have the kindle screen unlocked before putting the Kindle Fire HD in, I was putting it in wrong where the name on the cover was upside down. Now it fits perfectly and works perfectly too. Could not be happier with the product and the fast shipping.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2012, 6:38:37 PM PDT
You are welcome!

Posted on Oct 1, 2012, 12:39:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 1, 2012, 12:40:58 PM PDT
IMR says:
I read your review and ordered one and used it last night. I found also the clasp too close tight and worried about scratching it. But hopefully it will stretch as yours did. Also worried about it being so tight on the sides. But again, I hope it will stretch. It seems really nice.

Stupid question but how does this put the Kindle Fire HD to sleep? I was afraid it didn't so I shut it off manually.

Thanks.

Posted on Oct 3, 2012, 9:11:19 PM PDT
Calvin says:
Do you have the power and volume switches on the top or bottom? The only issue I have is all amazon pics show the buttons on top, but if thats the case the volume buttons are wrong. Thanks for the app flip technique, works great with temple run.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012, 2:04:43 PM PDT
M Behrens says:
I am thoroughly confused. If I do what you say the volume and on off button are on the bottom. And how do you lock the screen when you are on the home page. My case does not put the kindle to sleep either. HELP!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012, 5:31:25 AM PDT
Mai.k says:
Hi, I am not sure what causes it to turn on and to shut off automatically. Sorry I don't know the answer to that. I'm just glad that there is that functionality there! It is so useful especially when those buttons are so flushed on the device! I will admit that the first day or two of owning this case, I had to "train" myself not to look for the physical buttons. Now, I just open and close it. No need to ever search for or to use the actual buttons. As for the volume buttons, I just use the pull down menu. Sorry this didn't really answer your question but I hope you'll find the case as useful as I have!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012, 5:43:51 AM PDT
Mai.k says:
Hi, I am sorry you are having such problems and I will see if I can help. Yes, the volume and on/off buttons are on the bottom. This is the same case as the original Fire where the buttons are on the bottom also. I am not sure that there is a "rule" in the case of the Kindle Fire HD (especially when one doesn't have a cover/case) if the buttons "should" be on the top or on the bottom but the way this case is made dictates that it be on the bottom so that the speakers align with the holes in the case. To lock the screen when you are on the home page, all you do is swipe down from the top of the screen and you should see a lock or unlock option in the upper left hand side. If it is unlocked then you will see the word "unlocked" in which case you will just tap on the word and it will then be "locked". As for your case not putting the kindle to sleep, I would call the manufacturer and see what they can do. You may have a defective case. I am sure they will be more than glad to help you or send you a new one. I hope this helps. Have a great day!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012, 5:55:51 AM PDT
Mai.k says:
Hi, I am glad the tip worked for you! I do have the buttons on the bottom. If the speakers are to align properly in this case, the buttoms have to be on the bottom. Whether or not that is a "flaw" of the case, I don't know. I can say though that I owned the original Fire and those buttons were on the bottom also. I am not sure if there is a hard and fast rule pertaining to the HD where the buttons "should" be. I think that with the different turn and lock positions available on this device that the "problem" is not really a problem. I hope you are enjoying your Kindle HD as I am! Have a great day!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012, 8:25:21 AM PDT
M Behrens says:
Yes, I followed your directions as soon as I figured how to lock the screen and all is well. I like the case very much now. Thanks for the tips.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012, 2:38:29 PM PDT
IMR says:
M. Behrens, does your sleep function work for you now?

Kim Mai: Do you actually feel the magnet when you close? I don't notice. So I am not 100% sure the sleep function is working or not. Yes it looks like the screen goes off when you close it, but how can you REALLY be sure it is?

Doesn't your stylus pen get in the way when you close it too? Mine does, but oh welll.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›