BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on September 8, 2011
This is targeted at guys like me who have never owned a gaming headset or surround sound.

Pros:
- Compared to sub-par tv speakers, these have amazing sound
- Great to hear bass in your ears
- Can definitely hear direction, from left to right, front to back. In Dead Space 2 I spun around slowly while listening to steam spewing out of a pipe and definitely heard the transition as the steam changed direction.
- Way more immersive than tv speakers. Sounds similar to a movie theater.
- Also works on my 5.5 year old laptop that is ready to kick the bucket. Can't wait to Skype with it all over my house!
- I went 2 rooms away in my house,over 20 feet away from my PS3 and laptop and only had slight disruption when using it on my old laptop. Worked like a charm with PS3 from far away.
- One person can be using the PS3 in the same room as someone on the computer and they don't have to disturb each other.
- Watch a movie, play a game, listen to music, do it all late at night without disturbing anyone trying to sleep
- Set up is impossible to not understand. Just plug in the USB and turn it on.
- These turn off and on quickly without a delay, unlike the headset I got with Warhawk.
- Volume controls are easy to adjust without looking. Not so loose you accidentally turn up too high by accident.
- On-screen alerts are helpful and not very disruptive to gameplay
- Microphone is said to be flimsy by some, but I think it being retractable and not obtrusive makes them unlikely to break
- Style fits the design of the PS3 if aesthetics is your thing
- Retains charge very well. Doesn't have to be plugged into the wall like more expensive, wired headsets.
- Very comfortable for long periods of time
- Can change the ratio of volume you hear between chat and the game's sound
- Easy to mute and un-mute the mic quickly

Cons:
- Takes up a USB spot for the dongle
- A little bit bulky, but the lack of wires more than makes up for that
- Limited ability to adjust audio
- You don't get the same quality sound on netflix or Blu-rays as you do on games, but still good.
- Doesn't come with a USB charging cable, but wires that work with the Dual Shock 3's will also work with the headset
- Probably not as high-quality as more expensive headsets but likely a much better value

I'm obviously happy with my purchase. I don't think I'll want to play without these very often unless I want to talk to someone in the room at the same time. They are even very useful for the computer. For the record, I bought this for $65, but feel that it's worth much more than that. Amazon hooked it up with this deal. Thanks, Amazon!
88 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?