Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon ballerss3 ballerss3  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on January 30, 2010
The TV's picture quality is excellent. And the tuner is excellent - actually pulling in a channel I didn't even know existed before. The sound quality is also nice.

I have 2 complaints (and if I'm missing something, please respond and let me know):

*There are about 50 ways to plug things *into* this tv, but there appears to be a single audio-out option - Optical out.

I have an older but perfectly adequate Sony stereo receiver with nice speakers and a powered subwoofer. It'd be really nice to run the audio from this TV into my stereo, but, unbelievably to me, there is only one way to do this: using an optical out cable. My stereo does not have an optical-in option.

So my 12 year old 19" TV had more options than this. I guess I'll never watch a movie again in surround sound with decent bass unless I manage to hook my DVD player up to my stereo directly. If I want audio from regular TV to come out of my stereo - totally out of luck.

I just can't believe they'd skip a simple RCA-cable audio-out.

*Complaint 2: With our $10 digital converter box we could see a program description and a "What's next" description as well, describing both how long the current show is and what is next up.

This TV, with its many bells and whistles doesn't even display this. Our $10 converter box beats this TV on that point. I feel like I have to be missing something because I just can't believe it, but I've gone thru every option I can find and pressed every button on the remote in every combination I can think of and still can't get more than very basic channel information to display.
0Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.