Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

4.0 out of 5 stars Redragon Perdition is a contender., February 11, 2014
This review is from: Redragon M901 PERDITION 16400 DPI High-Precision Programmable Laser Gaming Mouse (Black) (Video Game)
I've had the Redragon Perdition for a couple of weeks so I thought it was time to write something since it appears to be a new offering on the market.

= CONS =

* As others have mentioned, the back column of buttons (7, 8, 9) is awkward to reach.
* There is no left or right tilt function to the scroll wheel. That doesn't bother me, but Scroll Up and Scroll Down aren't programmable, and I wish they were. (I use Combat Mod 1.1 to rebind them in Guild Wars 2.)
* You also can't program the mouse to do an infinite loop, like hold down right-click until you tell it to stop.
* The red index finger button is mainly why I took a chance on the Perdition and not the Logitech G600, but unfortunately, it doesn't function like the G600's G-shift button. It's essentially a second left-click, that's it. EDIT: PLEASE READ COMMENTS BELOW.
* It would be nice if the center row of buttons (2, 5, 8, 11) were slightly higher than the other rows or had raised dots on them for a little extra help in telling where my thumb is located.
* The side buttons feel mushy and are quiet, much like the Logitech G600. The Razer Naga's buttons are wonderfully clicky, but I value the canted button style of the G600 and Redragon Perdition more.
* The scroll wheel light is assigned according to DPI sensitivity rather than profile like the rest of the lights on the mouse, so you may end up with mismatching lights.
* When I tried to download the driver software from Redragon's site (because my CD/DVD drive is broken), Google Chrome warned me it was malware. I used Firefox to download it, and ran scans via MS Security Essentials, Malwarebytes, and Spybot Search and Destroy. The scans all came back clean, so I installed it.

= PROS =

* The mouse has a good, solid build and feel; the textured body is comfortable to grip for my small female hands. It even has a sturdy braided cord. Fit and finish are excellent.
* Pretty LED lights. They are quite pretty, and I like their "breathing" effect on the dragon logo and side keys. It is visually a very nice mouse.
* Index finger button. Even if it doesn't function like Logitech's G-shiift button, it's in a better location in my opinion. (And maybe Redragon will extend the functionality of their software one day. One can hope.)
* Aside from the awkward location of the side buttons' back column, everything is easy to reach. The top buttons have a decently defined clicky feel.
* You can set polling rates to 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, and 1000Hz.
* You can have up to five profiles.
* DPI settings available are: 1000 (orange scroll wheel light), 2000 (green), 4000 (blue), 8200 (lavender), and 16400 (red).
* Tuning weights are packed inside the mouse when you receive it. I leave all of them in the mouse, since I don't lift the mouse to adjust the pointer often. Weights give the mouse a solid feel.
* The Redragon Perdition's software interface is clean and simple to use. It only took me a few minutes to get rolling. Impressive, as I was a tad apprehensive about what I'd face from a new brand.

= OVERALL =

The Logitech G600 is far more programmable, and the Razer Naga has clickier buttons, but the Redragon Perdition is a solid contender and stands up well against both of them. I'd recommend anyone with small-medium sized hands who can live with five profiles and 16 programmable buttons (since left and right click are so basic, reprogramming them may not ever be an option) take a look at this mouse.

---
UPDATE AUGUST 30, 2014:

I've gotten used to playing Guild Wars 2 with this mouse and am still happy with its build and performance. An MMO mouse really makes click-happy professions like elementalist and ranger so much easier to play.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 3, 2014 5:03:53 AM PST
Thank you kindly for the excellent review, it was well thought-out and informative. I also have small female hands, which is why I hesitate with most gaming mice (as they are simply too large to handle easily.) Your comprehensive review has reassured me so, this will be the one I spring for. Plus, the bonus -- pretty lights, how could I not?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2014 12:31:50 AM PDT
chris says:
ok. so the biggest thing i have to say here is that the red button next to your index finger can be set to what ever u want with the downloadable program from redragon.

Posted on Jul 2, 2014 12:34:25 AM PDT
chris says:
the middle mouse button light now does set for profiles. the red index finger button can also be changed to do what ever u want it to. I.E do exactly as the g600 gshift button does.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2014 8:05:14 PM PDT
Confirming that yes, you can remap that button to whatever you'd like. So not a con at all!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2014 6:44:55 PM PDT
Keenan says:
It's been a while since I looked at the e-mail linked to my account. Yes, the red button can be mapped to any key you want. What I mean is that I don't think it can be used to switch to a sub-profile while it's held down, and switch back to the original profile when it's let go, which is what I believe Logitech's G-shift button essentially does. Disclaimer: I don't have a G-600 to compare so maybe I am missing something here.

You can, on the Perdition, do something like assign the red button to SHIFT or a macro, and keybind accordingly in the game you're playing.

Anyway, rereading my original review now, I can see I implied that the red button is a left-click only. That's incorrect--it's programmable, just not quite like the G-shift button. I'll edit and direct people to the comments section. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2014 6:57:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 30, 2014 6:57:37 PM PDT
Keenan says:
Hope the mouse worked out for you, La Cheshire Chat. :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›