Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on August 22, 2010
Here is how you determine if you should buy this controller:

1) Do you play games?
2) Do you play said games on your PC? (or xbox 360, if you don't mind cords trailing across your living room)

Then buy this controller.

I spent a lot of time searching through the available PC pads, even bought a nyko airflow PC controller since it was so cheap. But when this arrived, I realized that all other PC controllers out there are completely pointless as long as this thing exists. It's lightyears better than the nyko controller I was using (which got pretty good reviews btw), and better than everything else out there too, without a doubt (this is coming from a previously PS3 gamer before I switched to my PC, so yes, I'm familiar with the dualshock). Here's why:
1) Build quality - It contours perfectly to your hands, and all the sticks and buttons feel and function like a dream. Sometimes I'll just grab the controller and click the sticks & buttons around in my hand even when its not plugged in, it just feels THAT good. I've also heard it lasts way long too. I was worried about the d-pad, which I had heard was this controller's weak point, but even that functions beautifully and has a great feel.
2) Compatibility - It'll work with just about everything (other than a PS3 or wii obviously, lol) practically from the moment you plug it in. I may have had to install a quick windows driver, but after that it's worked immediately and flawlessly with every game I've tried it on on my PC - mass effect 2, bioshock, assassin's creed 2, and project64 all seem like they were MADE for this controller. (project64 was a huge plus for me btw - before with the nyko controller I was having problems with getting the analog sticks to register their full range of the n64 stick emulation. with the NRage controller plugin the xbox 360 controller handles it like a dream with range set to about 64%). I've also heard that going forward this is the only controller that will be supported for certain PC games - so you're not only past-proofed, your future proofed to (had no problems using it with older games like halo and need for speed as well).
3) Sexiness - what more needs to be said.

I used to be a dualshock devotee, and was hesitant to buy one of these since the only game systems I'm planning on owning are a PC and ps3, and being able to use my dualshock for both needs would have been excellent - but I can confidently say now that I have no regrets buying this thing, it blows dualshocks out of the water and that controller could never offer the amazing PC compatibility that has become an essential for me at this point. If you're in doubt, just trust this and all the other glowing reviews out there and buy this thing.
What's this?