BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Wonderstruck Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 30, 2012
I need good hair removal products, unfortunately. When I first bought this, I thought it was horrible and was tempted to send it back. Because it was so inexpensive (under $1.25, which included shipping), I decided to keep it.

I went on YouTube and found out how to do it. It's not perfect and it requires practice. However, it is great for 'between times' (I use a Braun epilator normally). It will not remove hairs everywhere--the angle has to be right. It *will* remove upper lip and chin hairs, but again--not all of them. And it does hurt some people (my face is kind of numb after all these years!). One thing I really like is that it does NOT leave a red mark or red face, unlike tweezing.

For ME, it is great. That means I don't have to drag out the Braun. Hair removers like Nair and all the rest don't even touch my hair, so that leaves tweezing (which I do--and I recommend the Revlon Lighted slant tweezers, but that's for another review!).

If you are hoping to do your arms, legs, and major areas of the body, this probably won't be what you want. If you have facial hair on which you use other appliances, then this should work for the times when you can't use the normal method. I find that it works better on coarser hair, by the way. And you may need to go over and over the same area, pulling the hair out a little more each time. By the way, the hairs it doesn't get are easier to pluck because they are pulled out a bit more than they normally would be.

The spring does get looser after a ton of use (it does still work, but not quite as well), so I ordered five of these @ $1.20 or some such price.

I gave it FOUR stars for what it does. It is *NOT* perfect, but for a cheap plastic tool it works for me.
0Comment| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?