Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on January 8, 2010
Bjarne Stroustrup was a guest lecturer at my intro to C++ class (ENGR 112) at Texas A&M University. He would come in 3-4 lectures a month and teach us. He is a very fun and interesting person to be around as well as easy to talk to. Very humble despite the feats his invention created.

Back in 2006, he was still writing this book and using my class as a testing ground for it. We'd have to go to the copy store every week or two to get the next chapter. Sometimes the chapters were error free...sometimes not. We were very vocal about grammar and compile errors using his code line-by-line. Regardless, this is quality material. The only reason why I'd by this book again is so that I don't have to lug around a 4" binder full of loose-leaf paper.

I had tried all throughout high school to learn C++. Everything I did failed, but his material and my main professor got me going. This book proves that if you are going to learn C++, you got to learn from its father. I just wish there was a Kindle edition. Big reference books aren't as easy to read as something like a Kindle.
0Comment| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.