Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 27, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Bose has bundled two distinct products together in this deal. One set of Companion 2 computer speakers, and a set of IE2 audio headphones that come packaged separately in the box. Bose makes great sounding products, and these are no exception.

The Companion 2 Computer speakers are a great upgrade to any computer's internal speakers. They are small, and don't take up much space on my desk. I have them attached to my desktop iMac computer. You could also use them for a laptop, iPad or portable device, but they are not meant to be portable speakers. They must be plugged into an electrical outlet, and are very easy to setup. SImply plug into your computer (or other device) and they are ready to go. They have a separate volume control located on the right speaker, and dual ports to allow you to plug in two devices at once. The sound is clear, crisp and full. Amazing bass sound from such small speakers! I am very happy with the sound quality.

The IE2 "headphones" are meant to replace the earbuds you might use with an MP3 player, mobile phone, or other portable device. I got them to use with my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook laptop. Other reviewers mentioned a lack of "noise cancellation"... let's make it clear that these are NOT intended for that purpose. That is clearly stated on the package, and was NOT listed as a feature on the information page. If you need noise cancellation, these are not the headphones for you. But they are great sounding earphones with a great new design I haven't seen before. They have silicone tips that keep the "buds" in your ear during exercise. There are three sizes of tips included to fit different ears. It took me just a few minutes to become accustomed to the feel in my ear. They stayed in properly during a 90 minute brisk walk, without having to readjust at all... something I had to do often with my old earbuds. The acoustic design gives a rich sound with more clarity than I've heard in other similar products. These are a major upgrade in sound from the earbuds that came with my iPod. They also have a built-in mic for use with your phone when listening to music. Siri responded to my commands with the headphones in place, and I was able to make phone calls easily. The one drawback, no button built in to the cord to answer calls or initiate actions... you must access the phone to answer calls or give commands to Siri. A carry case is included, which some may like, but it's a little too big for my purposes.

If you need both products, this bundle is a great deal... if not, you can purchase them separately. I'm very happy with both!
11 comment| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?