Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now

5.0 out of 5 stars SIGN UP FOR *THIS* VERSION and tell the studio where to *STICK* the double-dip theatrical release version..., May 11, 2009
This review is from: The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (The Fellowship of the Ring / The Two Towers / The Return of the King Extended Editions) [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I am one of those buyers that love Blu-ray as a format, but have ZERO tolerance for double-dipping by the studios who have no respect for the average consumer...

Yes, I'd give a 5-star review for the films, but only for the best version of the films available, the extended cuts.

We all already have the extended cuts of the film on standard dvd, and all agree that it's WELL worth it to buy that version over the shorter theatrical versions...why would we DOWNGRADE from what we already own?

DO NOT BUY THE THEATRICAL RELEASE VERSION...!!!
Send a CLEAR MESSAGE to the studios that we're tired of this, and we the consumers are NOT going to deal with this type of behavior anymore...we will save our hard-earned money and hold out for the product we the consumers WANT...the extended cuts of the film on Blu-ray and nothing less...!!! And make no mistake folks, a little patience will go a long way to save YOU money, as just like the standard dvd releases, they WILL eventually release the extended cuts of the film on Blu-ray, but only AFTER they've milked the SUCKERS out of their money for those who must own "any" version of the film on blu-ray asap...but don't settle and don't be cheated...you work too hard for your money to spend it twice...hold out for the REAL VERSIONS of this film...only then maybe the studios will get our message loud and clear:

"WE ARE THE CONSUMERS, GIVE US WHAT WE WANT AND WE WILL GIVE YOU OUR MONEY, BUT TREAT US LIKE IDIOTS, AND YOU CAN INSERT THE DOUBLE-DIP THEATRICAL RELEASES WHERE THE SUN DOESN'T SHINE...! WE WANT THE EXTENDED CUTS OF LOTR AND WILL HOLD ONTO OUR CASH TIGHTLY UNTIL THEN...WE ARE *DONE* BEING FOOLS...PLEASE REMOVE YOUR FIST FROM OUR RECTUMS."

Now sign up to be notified of the release of the extended versions of these films...send the message clearly:
"WE'RE WAITING..."

thanks,
JONATHAN MANKUTA (TV/Film actor, voiceover artist, producer, comic geek)

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 19, 2010, 4:28:04 PM PDT
I agree.

Posted on Nov 8, 2010, 5:27:32 AM PST
Billy Laffer says:
Well, I think the imagery you've chosen might be a bit extreme, but the idea that it is certainly more cost effective to wait for the extended versions rather than buy both is accurate. I'll be waiting for the extended ones and since I already have them on DVD and they look fine, I will be just fine.

Posted on Nov 14, 2010, 11:49:44 AM PST
Yo, Jonathan....
You are so very right!!!!!!!!!
They try to make as much money as they can and laugh all the way to the bank while us suckers sit here and do nothing!

Now that we have a voice that can be "heard", we need to use it and SEND THEM A MESSAGE~~~

HOLD OUT AND BUY THE EXTENDED VERSION!!!
SIGN UP TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN THEY GET RELEASED!!!

Posted on Nov 18, 2010, 5:18:06 AM PST
Tye says:
WELL SAID!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2010, 6:05:34 PM PST
If you are one of those people that are buying both editions each time they are released...you are a moron.

As for me I'm fine with regular DVD version. The problem with early 2000 movies that are later in HD, is you can really tell the CGI is becoming dated in the higher definitions. The grain of DVD actually kind of hides that and keeps the realism of the movie. As for me I'm fine with my 2004 box set of the extended editions. Hell, the suckers still mint and we view it every year once in a two day marathon during christmas.

Posted on Nov 30, 2010, 5:52:15 PM PST
Catharsis says:
I agree completely, well said!

Posted on Mar 7, 2011, 7:45:49 AM PST
I realize that I'm probably being somewhat obtuse here, but what do the words "Limited extended release" mean? Does that mean they are releasing only so many sets of this, i.e., "limited" to a certain number of sets, or does it mean the extended versions are "limited" somehow, like not as extended as they could be?

Posted on Mar 7, 2011, 3:43:45 PM PST
T. Lemelin says:
I personally just decided to not buy the regular BluRay version because I knew the extended versions would be coming out not much later. Smarter than the average consumer I guess.

Posted on Mar 14, 2011, 5:04:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2011, 5:05:33 PM PDT
Are you kidding? While the Extended versions are great, they are not nearly as good as the theatricals! Hell, they are not even a director's cut because Peter Jackson openly states that the theatricals ARE his director's cut and his preferred versions. The pacing is better in the theatricals, too.

Like I said, they the extended are good.....but they are not the films the world fell in love with.

I'll get ALL versions when they come out because I'm that big of a fan, but if I had to choose between this and the last release....I'm taking the theatricals.

Posted on Mar 24, 2011, 8:25:15 PM PDT
well i agree with waiting. every true lotr fan knows that it would be coming out.thats why i waited and bought my off amazon lol :) . anyway around it, these movies are the greatest. damn near 8 yrs. after the last installment and we are stll anticipating for the blu-ray release. its magic! oh btw, cant wait for the hobbit!!!!!!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›