Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on October 29, 2012
I listen to music a lot through out the day (in my car, work, school, gym) and didn't like using my phone for music because it killed my battery. I also didn't want to spend too much for something for music (seeing that my phone could do this.), so I purchased this.

I have to admit, I was extremely pleased with this.

Positive.

-Battery seems better than previous models of shuffles Ive owned before (Just my opinion, nothing really to back this up). I use it constantly, and have never had any problem with the battery life.

-Size is GREAT. I purchased the Product RED edition through the Apple Store (color is beautiful). Keep in mind, this little guy is TINY. So I would recommend you buy a bright colored one to help locate it. The clip is also firm and will not easily get loose.

-Works great running through an auxiliary input in my car.

-Memory seems acceptable. 2 gigs isn't much, but not too stingy.

-Built seems sturdy. Ive dropped this an embarrassing amount of times and have had absolutely nothing happen to it.

-I must say, I am not too sure whether this model is different from the previous one. I know they added some colors to the selection, but as far as the device itself, I am not too sure whether something changed. With this said, this did not come with the new EarPods all new iPods come with but did included the regular Apple headphones and charging cable. While I was a bit disappointed, it was not a major issue.

*- My personal favorite: Again, I apologize for my lack of knowledge on this device (as well as previous models too), but I am not sure if the past shuffles had the ability to support podcast. I listen to my list of podcast weekly, and was extremely happy to see support for this. Its amazing, I'm able to change playlists, switch to podcast, find out the amount of battery remaining, and listen to the name of the song, artist and album I am listening to, all with a single little button.

Negative.
-The one complaint I have is the size of the charging cable. I have had this problem with previous models. The cable is maybe 2 inches long. This hasn't been much of a problem because I charge it into my keyboard Usb port. However, I can see how this might be a problem for some people.

Over all, I was extremely pleased with this. If you need something cheap,small, and lightweight that you don't have to be as careful with as compared to your phone, this is definitely for you.

If you want something with a screen, to hold a lot of songs, and maybe a bit bigger, this is NOT for you.

For my needs, this was perfect.
33 comments| 182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.