Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy from a reliable source, October 5, 2009
This review is from: Samsung DA29-00003G Aqua-Pure Plus Refrigerator Water Filter, 1-Pack (Tools & Home Improvement)
If you own a Samsung Fridge and are purchasing this product, you already know how your filtered water and ice taste.

I was not really happy with the price of this filter, but after wasting a lot of time on-line looking around for the part at a cheaper price, I came back to Amazon. Beware that other cheaper parts online are not always Samsung origional equipment manufacturer. (OEM)

I don't have personal experiece with these particular non OEM part, but experience with other non OEM have not always been pleasant.

This is the origional OEM part with a sticker sheet included to track the next time you'll need to replace the filter.

I have purchased parts from other online retailers typically with no problems. On the few occasions that I have had a problem you are pretty much on your own. Buying through Amazon is worth the literal few pennies you might save purchasing from other retailers.

4 stars becaue I feel the product is too expensive for what it is.

Update 2-20010
The ($40 plus shipping) price of these filters has become absurd. Amazon still offers a competitive price, the best you'll find on the internet for the OEM part. I installed a reverse osmosis water filter under my sink and put a T connection in to run filtered water to my fridge. The RO system delivers far better water quality than the Samsung filter. I removed the filter from my fridge. My RO system uses 5 filters in a year. These 5 filters cost a little more than one Samsung filter.

Watts Premier RO-Pure 4-Stage Reverse Osmosis System

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 5 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 19, 2010 6:21:43 PM PDT
J. Ramsey says:
Reverse osmosis systems create 3 to 5 gallons of waste water for every gallon filtered. That's the ugly negative to those systems.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2010 6:56:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 19, 2010 8:17:47 PM PDT
Stephen says:
I hear you and that's a very good point. I have seen some RO systems that don't have the waste you described and I'll get one next time. I am justifying that I am not having to pay for water that is transported in plastic bottles and all the things that go into making and recycling those bottles. I have pondered running the line to my drip irrigation system and I should take action on that. I wish I had the room for a rain barrel.

Posted on May 16, 2010 1:21:01 PM PDT
Loren Malm says:
Just FYI - If you are feeding your Samsung fridge by a separate reverse osmosis system, you should consider removing the fridge filter altogether. The filter in the fridge is not needed in this scenario and while it may not cause any problems, it is certainly not needed. If you plan to keep the Samsung filter, you should check your reverse osmosis system documentation because a downstream filter may cause premature failure in certain reverse osmosis systems and will almost certainly result in a decreased water flow. For most Samsung refrigerators you can just remove the filter and the water will continue to flow and no other action is necessary. If your fridge is one of the few which doesn't work this way, you can purchase a "cap" from Samsung parts for a couple of dollars...

In reply to an earlier post on May 19, 2010 9:42:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 19, 2010 9:44:34 AM PDT
Hello Loren,

My old fridge didn't allow water to flow without a filter, the Samsung does. Thanks for the heads up. The water flow rate is better without the samsung filter in place. We had stopped getting water from the fridge dispenser because the flow rate was very slow. Typically I like tap temp water but my kids like the water cold. Now they can use it again.

The Manufacturer Watts instructions for splitting the line to the fridge do not give any notice about premature filter failure. I would expect decreased filter life because I am using more water for ice and cold drinking water. I appreciate your helpful comments and input.

Posted on Oct 18, 2010 12:26:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2010 12:26:49 PM PDT
Great post about going with an RO system. How did you bypass the filter in the fridge? Thanks for the advice.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2010 8:32:00 PM PDT
Stephen says:
I put a "T" connection in line to the sink top dispenser and ran a line to the back of the Samsung fridge. It literally took one minute. At first I kept the fridge filter in and I could thell the water flow was slow. Someone posted a note saying I could remove the samsung filter which I did. The water flow was right back to normal. The 1/4 inch Quick connect T are available at Home Depot. Amazon sells it too Celcon Acetal Copolymer "Push to Connect" Tubing Connector - Union Tee, 1/4"

Posted on Oct 27, 2010 12:02:32 PM PDT
Austen Fan says:
Amazon has the lowest price, when shipping is included, in a single filter; however, another site that I found offers a lower price when you order in bulk, with shipping included with orders of 4 or more. I'd rather order from Amazon, if only the price were the same. The real problem, as you said, is Samsung, or, rather, 3M, which is the company that makes these filters, but my experience has been that 3M products are premium-quality. I will purchase the knock-off sticky note pads, but we are talking about drinking water in this case, and my city's water contains some lead, so I don't want to take any chances.

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 9:37:50 PM PST
Heavymetals says:
Good information here!

I just yanked my filer in my SAMSUNG, the water pressure went up and I am a happy guy.

The R/O water system is the way to go.

Coffee tastes so much better.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2011 2:21:14 PM PDT
I have a Watts R/O system which I purchased at Costco. I too was not happy about the water being wasted to create the R/O water and installed a barrel to collect the rejected water. In my case it was way more than 5 gallons to 1. T recently purchased a booster pump from Watts shich has cut down tremendously on the water being rejected.
Our house is on a private well and the water pressure was a max of 40lbs, which may have accounted for the large amount of water previously being used.

Posted on Dec 5, 2014 4:21:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2014 4:22:37 AM PST
Using reverse osmosis on a refrigerator is extremely dangerous. Reverse osmosis take some virtually every thing out of the water except for hydrogen and oxygen. The water is so pure it is hungry to attach other products to it. That is specifically why there are faucets that are designed for reverse osmosis and others are not. If you are running this through your refrigerator you are picking up plastic in other metals into your drinking water. Also if you are using a reverse osmosis on a standard faucet that is equally as dangerous. Please do some research before you use reverse osmosis.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›